Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Always a Winner!

Join the group on my Facebook fanpage and become part of the discussion!


I'm not sure where it all began but I have always viewed myself as a WINNER! Now, that doesn't mean that I didn't have the normal ups and downs as a teenager or that I've always had a "winner mentality" even as an adult! So, right off, don't get me wrong about that.

But, when even struggling through those tough times and even some "dark" times I've always come through the other side realizing that life was, indeed, worth living and that I had something of value to offer.

I don't remember my parents ever instilling "positive mental attitude" in me while I was growing up but, still, I do know that I tended to have a more positive outlook than many of those around me. I can't remember what grade I was in but it was somewhere around 5th - 7th grade that, apparently, some adult that knew me felt that I had that extra "something" in me and put my name in for me to get a catalog to start my own business selling shoes via a catalog. I didn't do it and didn't even fully realize that this meant someone actually considered me at this age for this, but I DID realize this years later and it made an impact on me.

Wow! Someone - I'm guessing an adult - saw something in me that told them that I might have what it takes to start my own "business" at an early age. Many times others see "it" in us long before we realize we have "it". Thanks to whoever it was. I'll never know, but THEY knew and they planted a seed.

I am a winner. Regardless!

I am a winner regardless of what others say or think about me.

I am a winner regardless of what life brings my way.

I am a winner regardless of what my actions - when I'm not exhibiting that "winner mentality - my bring my way.

I am a winner regardless of how many people read or don't read my blog and do or don't listen to my podcast when I do them.

I am a winner as long as I have planted some positive seed in some person's life along the way.

I am a winner even if I never know who that person is or what became of that seed that was planted.

I am a winner because I am made in the image of God Almighty. And that, my friend, puts me on a powerful and positive track from day one.

That's right, I'm a winner. Always have been and always will be.

And you?



"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment