Thursday, April 14, 2016

Buried or Planted?

A few weeks back, I posted this graphic on the Future You University fan page on Facebook and even stated that I thought I had found my next podcast topic. Well, I've done the podcast (see the links below for iTunes and the RSS feed) and now I'm doing the blog along the same topic.

Can you relate to what is stated in the graphic? I SURE CAN!

There have been those times in my life where it seemed that the only light at the end of the tunnel was an oncoming train! I can actually remember telling my wife once, years ago, that I had lost all hope. Thankfully, she reminded me that, without hope, what was there? (By the way, that's one of the reasons I came up with the phrase, "As long as there is breath, there is hope!").

You may feel that you are "buried" underneath so much "stuff" that you'll never be able to dig yourself out. It could be debt or any other results of poor choices and bad decisions. But, friend, pay attention to what is stated in that graphic...instead of "buried" you may be in a situation where you are actually "planted"!

Interestingly, you can't be planted WITHOUT being buried first. Don't let that discourage you...read on.

 Right now, as I type this article, it is Spring time in Arkansas. Trees have put on their leaves (for the most part), things are budding and blooming all over the place. Many have been planting their gardens and getting ready for the harvest of fresh vegetables or just to enjoy the beauty of certain varieties of flowers that they enjoy.

Let me ask you, "How do you PLANT a seed?". Do you just place it on top of the soil? Of course not! You BURY it in the soil. You dig a hole and place the seed down into that hole and then you cover that seed up with the soil! Proper planting requires that seed to be buried.

Have you ever watched a seed come up out of the soil? I remember doing the "plant a seed in a cup and watch it grow" thing when I was in elementary school. I, and my classmates, were amazed at how that seed was able to push UP through the soil to find daylight. As a matter of fact, our teacher even placed a cup on it's side to show us that the plant would STILL find it's way UP to the daylight.

That soil is much heavier than that little seedling, but the seedling pushes through anyway! The little seedling pushes up and through REGARDLESS of the fact that it has been planted.

Read this and remember this fact: "THERE IS PROMISE IN THE PLANTING!"

 So, listen, even if you feel you are buried, understand that being buried is part of the process of being planted. But know this - YOU will determine if you "push through" or not!

Some may just give up and not even try. Doing so pretty much guarantees that you will NOT reach "daylight" and fulfill your purpose. But, if you have HOPE and if you have FAITH and BELIEVE that, even though you cannot see it at the time, God has a special purpose for you and what you are going through at the time, then you WILL push up and through what it is that is holding you down for the moment.

YOU WILL!

It's up to you. So, the question to you, now, is: WHAT WILL YOU DO? 

I encourage you to push up with everything that you have until you reach "daylight" and that, even then, you continue to grow and flourish. The world NEEDS you to do so! And I'm here to tell you, you can do just that.

It all starts right here, right now....TODAY. Always remember that YOU decide the direction of your day and, one way to do so, is to always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

Future You University   FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

No comments:

Post a Comment