Tuesday, March 2, 2010

One Year Anniversary Celebration!

F.Y.U. Podcast Celebrates ONE YEAR!

It's really hard for me to believe but, on March 2, 2009 I began doing my Future You University podcast with a Monday-Wednesday-Friday format. And now, here I am a year later, still here and now doing a Monday through Friday format and having a great time along the way!

I want to encourage you to be sure to listen to today's "celebration podcast" as I share my very first podcast on "HOPE". I also take some time to thank some of the people that have helped me along the way either by encouragement, participating in my podcasts or even helping with some of the actual physical aspects of what I am trying to do.

So, again, thanks to:

J.B. Glossinger, founder of MorningCoach.com , the place where I discovered a whole group of people all focused on improving their lives by improving their mindset. This is the place that I began to share a lot of my ideas and thoughts through my articles and responses to other posts. It is also where I joined up in a class and learned what I needed to know about doing my podcasts. Some of the people that I met through this site are still connected with me in one way or another and have been real encouragers along the way. J.B. - thanks for your encouragement along the way!

Angie Strader & Joe Hazen have both been guests on my podcast and both have been big encouragers in their own special way. Angie is doing some AMAZING things in her own way and I really connected with Angie when I heard the name of one of her websites: TheWorldNeedsMoreHappy.com - that name spoke to me and I had to talk to Angie to find out more. (Yes, Joe and Angie were both students in the same class that I participated in at morningcoach.com). Joe - "Jammin' Joe" or "The Amazin' Hazen" - and I just seemed to "click" right from the start and, although we haven't spoken a whole lot lately, still seem to have the desire to spur each other on to greater and greater things! Joe is also involved in improving his life by taking steps to be in charge of his own future! Thank you, Angie and Joe!


Gerry Ottesen & Jim Ferguson have both been MAJOR encouragers for me along the way! Gerry regularly sends notes and messages to me either via e-mail or on my Facebook page that also lift me up! Thanks so much for that Gerry - you have a gift in that area, my friend! Jim has done the same thing for me very often and, just about the time I think no one is "out there" and listening I either get a note form Gerry or Joe OR both of them - at just the right time - and I am encouraged to keep sharing my thoughts and ideas. THANK YOU BOTH so much!

Frank McDerment has helped me in so many ways since I began this journey. He has always been available with some great insight and suggestions along the way and has voluntarily helped me with my website and the changes and additions that I have wanted over the past year. This has been worth more - and meant more - than can be expressed here but it is a GREAT blessing to have someone like Frank in my life in this effort! THANKS Frank!

Carola Fuertes is a friend that lives in Chile and, thankfully, last I heard was doing o.k. following the recent earthquake in her country. I've not had the chance to keep up (don't think I could EVER keep up with this firecracker!) with Carola as much lately as earlier, but she is another that I connected with via the morningcoach.com page. Carola has such a brightness surrounding her - a joy - that is infectious and she is one that, for me, encourages me to step out and LIVE LIFE! I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that Carola is still doing her podcast that she began just a little before I started mine. Whatever Carola is doing - she will do to her best and she will enjoy it every step of the way! THANKS Carola!

O.k. now - this is starting to look like a speech after winning an Oscar award or something. Are you waiting for me to break out into, "They like me. They really, really like me!" ? Nah, don't think I'll do that!

But I just couldn't talk about this being a one year anniversary without mentioning at least these that have been some a help to me along the way.

And, oh yes, there are many others that have been an encouragement with a little note here and there letting me know that what I'm doing is making a difference in their lives.

Thank you all and I hope to hear from more and more of you along the way. I cannot tell you what a lift it gives to hear from someone that lets me know that they are listening and that it is something positive for their life.

I have many big plans for this next year and I hope that you will join me along the way for this wonderful ride!

Whatever you do - wherever you live - regardless of your circumstances - always remember these thoughts:

"As long as there is breath, there is hope."

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment