Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Reaching Out for Something Better

"Reaching Out for Something Better"


In the last entry I discussed how I - along with likely everyone that is reading this blog - seem to have this "something" in me/us that causes me/us to feel that there is something 'better" out there for us and that WE MUST GO AFTER IT if - IF - we really DO desire to do so.


No one else can do it for us, remember?


Is this a BAD thing? The reason I ask is because I am sure that some of you might even feel guilty for wanting something "better". Why is that a bad thing?


Some will even try to make it a spiritual matter and talk about the Bible teaching that we shouldn't want something "better" than what we have and that we should be content. Well, I DO know what the Bible says about that and, my friend, you are taking things out of context if you feel that we should not strive to better ourselves. "Nuff said about that for now.


Listen to me for a moment on this - by bettering ourselves and our situations we can position ourselves to help even MORE people than we are able to do right now. Make sense? Think about it.


Think about this as well - do you not want things to be better for your kids? Do you not EXPECT them to better themselves in many areas?


OF COURSE YOU DO! And "we" do as a society as well!


If you come across an individual that is 35 years old and is still wearing diapers and sucking on a baby bottle (for NO reasons that has to do with any kind of mental impairment or physical impairment) - WOULD YOU NOT BE APPALLED AT THIS?


Yes, you would! But, could this not happen if - first of all - this person's parents never expected them to move beyond that stage in their development when it was time? And, would you not also agree that the individual themself would desire to move on from that activity once they realize that those around them have done so?


I mean, seriously, do you not think that when this individual started kindergarten they MIGHT notice that no one else is going to class wearing diapers and sucking on a baby bottle? Even if they were a bit stubborn, do you think they MIGHT begin to want to "fit in" a little better by the time they reached 5th grade or so?


OF COURSE THEY WOULD!


Now, I know that was a simplistic example but, again (I've said this many times before) the profound can be FOUND in the simple!


Too many of us have given up. Would you agree?


My guess is that even YOU have "given up" from time to time on this whole process of "bettering yourself".


Another way to word that is "personal development". Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, NOW I get it!


Believe me, there are many other ways to "better yourself" beyond just the personal development and there is still that "something" in me/us that propels us forward to try to identify that "something" and go after it.


But, bottom line - if we don't even have the desire to better ourselves by improving our mindset then, by my way of thinking, we are destined to stay right where we are.


Diapers, baby bottles and all.


Give some thought to that and see if you don't agree. Friend, you wouldn't be reading this at all if you didn't have the desire to find something positive to help with your mindset.


And I thank you for taking the time to read THIS particular article.


And, yes, I will be continuing my discussion on this in the days and weeks to come.


As always, I also welcome your comments and thoughts but I DO prefer that you post them on my Facebook fan page:


www.facebook.com/FutureYouUniversity


I look forward to reading your thoughts.


Until next time, be sure to...


"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"



Mike




No comments:

Post a Comment