Monday, April 2, 2012

Jim Rohn Quote on DISCIPLINE


(be sure to check out the podcast on iTunes or on the RSS feed)


Today I will begin a new series based on quotes from one of my favorite speakers, the late Jim Rohn. I've included the banner below so that you can easily access the materials available from this great man that has touched thousands - if not millions - of lives in a powerful and positive way.



I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to hear Mr. Rohn while he was still alive and, on more than one occasion! He is not the kind of guy that would jump up and down, talk loudly and run all over the stage. He wasn't very animated but when he spoke, you listened! I've often used the phrase, "grandfatherly" to describe my opinion on his style and I loved hearing him every time I could. I also enjoy listening to him even today via mp3's and other listening methods available.

If you EVER have the chance to hear one of "the greats" then you need to be sure that you take advantage of the opportunity. You'll be glad you did.

So, here's the quote we are starting with today:

"Affirmation without discipline is the beginning of delusion." - Jim Rohn

In other words, DON'T FOOL YOURSELF into thinking that just because you "say it" (affirm it) means it will be. I've talked about this before when I've discussed Napoleon Hill being misquoted and misrepresented by those that say, "If you can believe it, you can achieve it!" Yes, that was PART of what he said. However, most people apparently never took the time to READ the book, "Think and Grow Rich", since they never include how much he talked about the importance of ACTION tied in with this whole thing.

You can "affirm" anything you want as often, as enthusiastically and as loudly as you want but, without discipline... YOU'RE NUTS if you think it will actually amount to anything!

So, take a look at yourself and see if you are still standing at the end of the diving board PLANNING to jump. Are you? I'll be using this analogy all week long but, for now, just get that image in your mind and see if that is YOU still standing there...waiting..affirming..planning...talking...but still there in the same spot.

Be sure to join me tomorrow as I continue this series with another great quote from this great man, Jim Rohn. Until then, be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"
Mike

1 comment: