Friday, October 12, 2012

What's Holding YOU Back?



 
 
In my last blog I addressed the topic, "I Always Wanted To..." and talked about things that we SAY we want to do but, for whatever reason, seem to never get done. If you haven't done so, take a moment and go back and read the last entry. For the most part this is a PART 2 continuation of that article.
 
Three questions were brought up that I want to review again:
 
WHAT ARE SOME THINGS IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU HAVE SAID YOU WANT TO DO AND, AS OF YET, IS STILL UNDONE?
 
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??
WAS IT AS IMPORTANT AS I KEPT SAYING IT WAS? IF SO, WHY DIDN'T I DO IT REGARDLESS OF ANY EXCUSES?
 
I'm hoping that you have already taken the time to write down your answers/thoughts on these questions. If not, take a few moments and try to put some honest answers to them. Go ahead. I'll wait.
 
 
So, here's the main thing: What are you waiting for or, worded differently, "WHAT'S HOLDING YOU BACK?"
 
Wow. Really think about that. I'm not sure there are really any "EASY" answers for this and yet, at the same time, you may know the honest truth immediately.
 
As I said in the last article, whatever you come up will likely be connected to some sort of FEAR.
 
WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?

Here's the deal...how much time is going to continue to pass while you (and me) wait and wait and plan and plan and talk about "one day I'm going to..." ? How much time has ALREADY passed?

You likely have heard the following quote by the late, Charlie "Tremendous" Jones :
"You're the same today as you'll be in five years except for the people you meet and the books you read."

I agree with what he says but, at the same time, there will be NO CHANGE if you do not absorb the influence/impact of either the friends or the books!

The late Jim Rohn talked several times about the fact that, regardless of what we do - the next five years are going to come and go. Regardless. He would then ask the question, "What are YOU going to do?"

How do the lines to that song go? "Time keeps on ticking, into the future..."

WAKE UP! (Yeah, I'm talking to me, too!)

I'm guessing that you are like me in that you really don't want to get to the end of your life with  regrets about all of the things that you DIDN'T do.

So, have you WRITTEN DOWN what it is that  you are afraid of? Have you WRITTEN DOWN what it is that is holding YOU back?

Hang on to that list and began to consider (if you haven't done so already) what it is that you need to do to get rid of that obstacle in your life and your future success!

Get started on that and in my next article I will attempt to help you IDENTIFY and ATTACK these obstacles. Feel free to send me what you are discovering is in YOUR way...let's get this thing done together!

Until then, be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who esle is going to do it for you?)"

Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment