Monday, November 11, 2013

If You Don't Like the Weather...


I live in Arkansas. The high temperature where I live was around 67 degrees and tomorrow the high is predicted to only be around 42 degrees. BIG change! Now, I've heard this said by others in other states as well but I've always heard this about Arkansas: "If you don't like the weather, just wait a little bit - it WILL change!"

Oh, and later on in the week it's supposed to get back up in the mid-60's to around 70. Kinda' crazy, huh?

I love the fall season but I DO NOT like the cold, cold temperatures that come with winter. But, you know what? I know it's coming. It's happened this way every year that I've been alive and it will continue to do so for as long as I live.  Did you know that the Bible says so in Genesis 8:22 - "While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."

So, even though I may not care for some of the changes that come EVERY YEAR, year in and year out, it happens anyway.

Life is the same way. Never get "lazy" when things are going good. Why? Because it will change! That doesn't mean that your life will be ruined but, know this, changes WILL come that will challenge everything that is going "right" in your world at the time.

On the flip side, never get too discouraged when things are NOT going so good. Why? Because it will change!

"As long as there is breath, there is hope!" That is one of my favorite quotes that I've come up with because it speaks such truth!

Knowing that change will come will also help us prepare for those changes. For example, knowing that this is the time of the year that the temperatures get cooler helps us know that we need to get our "winter clothes" out of the closet in preparation.

Make sense?

Sure it does!

Change. It's a fact of life. That's right, a FACT.

So, make proper preparations and, by doing so, the changes will come and go and you will remain settled. And, friend, that's a good way to be in this crazy world that we live in, right?

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike
Future You University     FYU on Facebook     MichaelSpillman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment