Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me


 
 
O.k., let me first of all make sure you know that this is NOT going to be a self-indulgent blog article, o.k.? O.K.! Good!
 
However, it IS about the fact that I turned 53 years old on Saturday, November 1st. Why is this significant to anyone else but me and some friends and family that are close to me? Well, it may not be significant to you in the same way that it is to those that I just mentioned but it SHOULD BE significant to you as well.
 
Why?
 
Because, regardless of when your birthday is, five years have passed by for you regardless of you age, as well! (That is, of course, unless you are a child prodigy that is only 4 years old and able to read this!).
 
For most of us, our goals are set according to: 1) New Years Resolutions or 2) a certain age in our life. Am I right? (Go ahead and say it, "Yes, Mike, you are right!").
 
I mentioned on my latest video-cast that I had several goals set for myself that I had planned to reach by the time I turned 50 (feel free to insert YOU age/number here). And, guess what? Although I have made some progress toward some of those goals, I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN THERE YET!
 
I can't yell at the calendar and tell it to "SLOW DOWN! I'M NOT READY YET!" It doesn't work...have you tried it? If not, go ahead and try it...really, go ahead. You'll see I'm right about this, too!
 
(Hey, it's my birthday, I have a right to be RIGHT. Right?)
 
So, now let's start talking about what YOU (and I) are going to do about it - or what YOU (and I) ARE doing about it, o.k.?
 
We'll go there next and I'd love to get YOUR story of either success or failure in this area. Don't worry, I won't use your name  - even a first name - unless you ask me to.
 
Key point: NEVER, EVER GIVE UP!
 
So, "Happy Birthday to Me!"...now, excuse me while I go get some of that cake! And, until the next time, be sure to...
 
"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)
 
Mike

 


1 comment:

  1. O.k....so I'm not sure if it's "OLD AGE" or what but my wife caught my mistake right away. My birthday is Saturday, November 3rd NOT 1st!
    *Whew*

    ReplyDelete