Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Try and Fail?


One of the most sad things to see is someone that has given up.

I hate to see anyone - or any group of people - that have become so "beaten down" that they have decided that it's better for them if they just quit trying and give up.

I've been to that point before...have you?

Thankfully, I DIDN'T give up, but it's not a good place to be, friend. But let's get something straight right from the start: "FAILURE" or "DEFEAT" is a part of life. That, my friend, is a FACT!

Notice that I put those words in quotation marks. I wanted to indicate that, in reality, they may not actually REALLY be "failure" or "defeat". They may be what some people PERCEIVE to be such.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again - In my opinion, the only TRUE failure is when you give up and stop trying. So, yeah, TRYING and "FAILING" are a part of life but, whatever you do, don't EVER fail to TRY!

Sure, there are those times that you just need to "pull over" and "lick your wounds" a bit before moving on. That's normal and that is often needed so that you CAN move on. Just make sure that you don't fall into a "pity party" and spend all of your "down time" licking those wounds (feeling sorry for yourself). Let that time of "licking your wounds" be a time of HEALING and PREPARATION to continue on in your quest! Fill your mind with POSITIVE reinforcement that will fortify your drive and will power so that you can continue on. 

THIS IS KEY!

That's why it is so important to surround yourself with other like-minded and positive people. You WILL need them to HELP YOU along the way when you are feeling defeated and are on the verge of giving up. Perhaps this message that you are reading is just EXACTLY what you "needed" to read today. Right? You know what I'm talking about. That's why it's also so important to SHARE this article as well as the podcast (links found below) with others - you can never know when THEY will need what is being shared here. And YOU can help in that area when you do share. 

Two main times that I can remember being to the point of giving up, OTHERS came into play. In one situation, it was my RESPONSIBILITY and LOVE for others close to me that kept me going. And, the other one? It was a specific reaction and encouragement from another individual that kept me going. 

Remember, "As long as there is breath, there is HOPE!"

And, until next time, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment