Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Live, Laugh, Love


Here we go, continuing down the "list" of great phrases that I found on a poster a couple of weeks ago. I hope that you have been enjoying them but, more importantly, I hope that you have benefited from them and have been able to use them to help in your positive journey in a "sometimes negative" world.

LIVE 
I've heard people say (and sing) this thought: "Live like you were dying". Friend, the truth is, you ARE dying - WE'RE all dying so, what's holding us back from truly "living"?

I would suggest that the main reason is due to FEAR. Some would say that, perhaps, we fail to truly "live" due to DOUBT. Think about it for a moment...don't most of our doubts come from fear? 

We are afraid to live life to the full - to truly "let go" and experience and explore all that life has to offer. Fear of failure, fear of acceptance and even fear of the unknown.

Hey now, living in fear is not living at all! Keep growing, keep learning, keep stretching and keep on LIVING - truly living!

LAUGH 
I don't know about you but I LOVE watching those videos of babies and/or kids laughing uncontrollably. It's almost impossible not to end up laughing myself! Have you ever gotten so tickled and, because you were in a place that you weren't supposed to be laughing (like at church), you tried to hold it in? And your whole body was shaking even without an audible laugh? Did you have to excuse yourself before you exploded?

 Just like everything else, life is too short to go through it being a grump! 

I'm guess I'm just a bit odd in that I find humor in things that a lot of people don't even think about. I have to really be careful at times because I'm tempted to laugh at something that, if I were to actually do so, it would offend someone. Usually it's just that they would misunderstand and think I was being disrespectful. 

Truth is - I just like to laugh!

Don't lose your ability (and desire) to laugh! Sometimes that cares and concerns of life can overwhelm you to where you fail to see all of the fun things that surround us every day. 

Oh, and by the way, do a little research and you'll find that it's been proven that LAUGHING is actually GOOD for your health! 

(And friend, don't be afraid to laugh at yourself!) 

LOVE 
 Yes, one of the sure ways to get your heart broke is to love. But, one of the surest and best ways to experience all that love brings with it (part of TRULY living) is to open yourself up to the emotions that go along with it and,yes, to take the chance - the risk - of "getting hurt". 

Don't be afraid to love. Don't be afraid to open up and "be you" with others. Life is too short to live it alone and, for sure, to die alone. 

No, I'm not going to quote that line about loving. You know the one I'm talking about, right? The one that says something like, "It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all." Now do you know which one I'm talking about? Yeah. Not going to quote that one, o.k.? 😋

I hope this short article will help you to "let loose" a little and that you will LIVE, LAUGH & LOVE a little more each day.

Do it...you'll be glad you did!

And, as you do so, you will see that this is, indeed, one way to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment