Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Overnight Overhaul?


This is not an exact quote, but I've heard it said many times: "We often over-estimate what we are able to accomplish in the short term and under-estimate what we are able to accomplish in the long term."
 
In other words, we often expect  HUGE, UNBELIEVABLE results and we expect those results NOW! And, on the other hand, we often don't like to think about anything considered "long term". If we "can't get no satisfaction" right away we often lose sight and focus.
 
Several years ago I had my own home-based business in the weight loss industry. I had incredible results with the product and, over 13 months I lost 100 pounds and was in the best shape of my life. Those around me saw that and, quite honestly, it was easy to get people signed up on the product. But the problem was this: too many wanted my results but they wanted them in a month or two! They weren't really willing to do what I had to do to get the results that I got.
 
That reminds me of what I heard a friend of mine in that same company say on many occasions when discussing how he achieved what he had achieved (he was a LOT further up the success chain in that company than I was). He would say that people in the company would come up to him and talk about how they wanted to be where he was and enjoy the success that he enjoyed. He would say to them, "There are a lot of people that want what I have. But are you willing to do what I had to do to get here in order for YOU to get here?" Regardless of their words, their actions indicated that the answer was, "No".
 
We live in an "instant" society! Hey listen, I get impatient with the microwave oven in my house! (That's no lie!).
 
Folks, change does not happen over night. You've likely heard me compare the turning around of a small watercraft to that of a huge cruise ship. Yes, they BOTH can be turned around to go in the opposite direction but the bigger the ship the longer it takes and the more effort it takes to turn it around.
 
How does a snail get from point A to point B?  Simple, they just keep on moving.
 
One step at a time, friend, one step at a time. One day at a time. One change at a time.
 
HOWEVER, what if you could get a jump start and boost to help you make the most out of each minute, step, day and change? Let me tell you about such an opportunity....
 
DON'T MISS THIS EVENT! It doesn't matter who you are or what you do for a living, you don't want to miss this life-changing event. You've heard me talk about Dani Johnson many times before right? My wife and I will be attending one of her live events in San Antonio, Texas on July 12th - 13th and we'd love to meet YOU there! Go here to check it out for yourself and get ready to take your life to the next level!
 
That's the great thing about being a part of a community such as this one...you don't have to travel the road to positive change by yourself! Nope, not at all!
 
AREN'T YOU GLAD?
 
I know I am and, friend, I hope to see you in San Antonio next month. Let me know if you plan to attend so we can be sure to meet face to face.
 
But, for now, whatever you do, be sure to...
 
"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"
 
Mike
 

                                         Start your home based business HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment