Monday, June 2, 2014

You Are the Director of Your Thoughts


Let me start off by sharing with you the very first paragraph from James Allen's, "As A Man Thinketh"...
"The aphorism, 'As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he', not only embraces the whole of a man's being, but is so comprehensive as to reach out to every condition and circumstance of his life. A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts."
 

Take time to read that paragraph once, twice, three times or however many it takes for the message to sink in. Notice the emphasis by use of the phrases, "the whole of a man's being", "every condition and circumstance of his life" and "the complete sum of all his thoughts".
 
Hmmm, I wonder what Mr. Allen was trying to say?
 
I don't think there is any doubt that Mr. Allen felt very strongly about the significance that our thoughts play in our whole being.
 
Some of you may wonder why I am spending so much time on this topic concerning our thoughts. Let me see if I can answer that for you - IT'S BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET IT!
 
I guess I have been drawn to re-reading "As A Man Thinketh" due to the thoughts that I put together last week in my articles about reaching our destiny starting with our thoughts. It's a basic in the Law of Attraction that you draw to you the things that you focus on and think about. It was bound to happen!
 
And I find that James Allen didn't "beat around the bush" when it came to expressing what he believed about the importance of "directing" our thoughts.
 
As I wrote in the graphic above, "Direct your thoughts for your thoughts will direct you."
 
Again, it's not like you have no control over your thoughts. Many would argue because, in my opinion, they are too lazy to involve themselves in the discipline that it takes to THINK about their thoughts!
 
Did you just catch what I said? Our thoughts are what we think and here's the kicker: It takes DISCIPLINE to THINK about our THOUGHTS!
 
Why? Going back to the first part of last week's discussion is simply this: "Watch your thoughts for they become words."
 
Think it over (no pun intended) and allow it to sink in and then decide that you will discipline yourself to THINK about your THOUGHTS and make sure they are "in line" with who it is that you wish to become.

By the way, the last article has a link in it where you can download your own free copy of this awesome book.

Join me for our continued discussion from this classic book and, until then, be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

Future You University   "Like" FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

                                         Start your home based business HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment