Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Hangin' Around Like a Lost Pup?


What you see in the picture above is a shirt that my wife got for me a couple of years ago (maybe even three?) for Father's Day. Actually, it's one of two.
 
Why do I have a picture of the front of a shirt that my wife got for me a few years ago posted here? Because it is almost EXACTLY the same picture that I have used for our new travel business as a "cover photo" on our Facebook page!
 
"Oh, o.k.", you say but, let me tell you more. This whole "beach" scene that you see on the shirt and, if you go to the FB page that I talked about, is something that has been "hangin' around like a lost pup" for probably 10 years or so.
 
That's right, this type of picture has been my "dream image" for a very long time. It keeps popping up all over the place reminding me of this fact. On my other computer (where I do the mixing for my podcast) is a similar scene that I see nearly every day yet, it just "popped out" at me the other day. I can even go back and find images from, like I said, 10 years or so ago, and find the same type of picture.
 
The picture that I posted in yesterday's article from one of our vacations back in 2002 is one of my favorite all-time pictures. BEACH PICTURE!
 
Little did I or my wife know that, when she bought me this shirt (I actually picked it out and told her that would be a good gift) that we would now be promoting this type of picture as a REALITY!
 
Why do I bring all of this up? Because, friend, I want to ask you: WHAT IS YOUR DREAM IMAGE and WHERE HAS IT GONE?
 
Maybe you are right on track with it and getting closer to achieving it every day. Maybe you HAVE already achieved it and you are celebrating life due to that fact. But maybe, just maybe, you have lost your focus and allowed the weight of the world to cause you to put that "dream image" aside and pile a bunch of other stuff on top of it to where you don't even know it's there anymore.
 
Have YOU been getting little "pop up" reminders that it's still there? Have you ignored those reminders with the thought of, "Nah, it's just not going to happen"?
 
Have you ever actually had a lost pup hang around your house before? THEY DON'T GO AWAY SO EASILY! Maybe your "dream image" is not giving up so easily either, friend.
 
Perhaps you should allow yourself the privilege of opening your eyes, ears and mind to how many times this "lost pup" DOES actually "pop up" to remind you of what you once longed for and decided to strive for.
 
Allow that for yourself and, friend, you will then find yourself beginning to dream again and even beginning to believe that it IS possible after all.
 
Please be sure to check out our Facebook travel page and, while you're at it, "LIKE" it and leave a comment. You may even be entered into a contest to actually WIN a vacation on us. Shoot, you can even go there and post YOUR "dream image" if you'd like. Or, if you prefer, you can post it on my Future You University Facebook page.

Either way, stop ignoring that lost pup, would ya', and begin to dream and live once again.

Until next time, be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

Future You University   "Like" FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

  *MJ Spillman Travel on Facebook*    *TRAVEL FOR LESS and ENJOY LIFE MORE!*

No comments:

Post a Comment