Monday, January 26, 2015

HEAR More

I want to encourage you to be sure to listen to the accompanying podcasts for this weeks' series...you will find them very short and to the point. Each one is only around 2.5 minutes long and you can access the  Podcast on iTunes or the Podcast RSS feed by clicking on either link.
 
Why do I mention that to you? Specifically - for today - is because the way that you HEAR more is by SPEAKING (SAYING) LESS.
 
I really didn't have that much to say this week. As a matter of fact, as I was thinking about what I wanted to do for this weeks' series, I couldn't come up with anything that really "fired me up" or that I had a passionate urge to share with you.
 
So, instead of just not doing a podcast, I decided to say very little and encourage you to do more of that yourself. I want to encourage - and CHALLENGE - you to HEAR MORE today by saying less.
 
You may remember that I discussed several similar ideas in a recent article entitled, "New Year's Tip #3: Do More and Less". If you didn't read it, just click on the link and it will take you there.
 
I understand that your job will likely require you to talk - that's a normal situation. However, I'm talking about those times when you aren't required to talk, but you do. Try talking less (especially about yourself or your own opinions) and listen - HEAR - others more.
 
Even as a part of your work, seek the input and opinions of others more and see what happens. Not only will you likely discover some great ideas that you hadn't thought of yourself (does that threaten you?) but you will also notice a definite moral boost among your team!
 
Ask those around more personal questions about THEM and LISTEN to what they say. Ask them about their family, their kids, their pets...anything about them that shows interest in them.
 
You may be surprised at who is around you each and every day.
 
Can you do it? (Yes). WILL you do it? You are the only one that can answer that question by putting this into action.
 
Join me next time as we talk about something else we need to do more of each and every day.
 
Until then, whatever you do, be sure to...
 
"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"
 
Mike





No comments:

Post a Comment