Monday, December 12, 2016

Mon_12th_"Evergreen"

evergreen - a plant having foliage that persists and remains green throughout the year

The picture above is actually from my back yard. It's kind of interesting in that, it's not a holly "bush" but, more of a tree! I've never seen that before I moved to where I live now. I see a lot of these "holly TREES". Regardless, the main thing is that it is a picture of an "evergreen" plant.

Why am I talking about the word, "evergreen", for my blog and podcast topic? Good question.

I thought for the next few days leading up to Christmas I'd share thoughts based on a word that is often "connected" to this time of year. So, NOW when you see the word that is the topic for the day, you'll already have an idea of WHY that word is an actual TOPIC for discussion! 😁

So, why "evergreen"? Look again at the definition that I have right under the picture. An evergreen plant "remains green throughout the year". Even like now, when it's too cold for other "foliage" to remain green. All of the other plants and bushes have "lost" their foliage. It died. It fell off and is blowing around in someones yard. Sure, it will come back in the Spring but, for now, it's dead and gone. 

The evergreen plant "stands out" among all of the other dead trees and bushes that are around them. 

So, do you know where I'm "going with this" yet?

As corny as it sounds, I want to encourage YOU to be "evergreen". 

Yep. 

When everyone else has "withered and died" and the world around you looks dead, cold and stagnant, I want to encourage YOU to be the one that "stands out" and offers hope to  your life as well as to those around you. 

You see, when it comes to plants, it doesn't matter how much you water them or "take care of them". If they are outside in the elements, unless they are of the evergreen variety, they WILL lose their foliage and look dead. Even though a plant may not be evergreen, it CAN be kept "alive" by bringing it in and taking care of it indoors. Even then, it's hard work to help that plant survive.

So, here you go. I'm not going to discuss this a lot in this article. I want YOU to explore and discover for yourself what this means for you. But, you may be one of those people that, by your nature, you are "evergreen". You constantly offer hope and "life" in a cold, bleak and "dead" world. That just may be who you are. 

But, even if that doesn't describe you, I want to encourage you to PROTECT YOURSELF from the "elements" (the negativity that surrounds us everyday) and to WORK at "staying alive" (why did I just thin of the Bee Gees when I typed that?) even though most of the others around you have not. 

Now, run with that and have some fun with it!

Until next time, whatever you do, be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike
Future You University   FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

No comments:

Post a Comment