Wednesday, December 21, 2016

"Santa"


Hey, what would Christmas be without SANTA

Oh, I know there are some that try that. But, go with me on this - the pure JOY that comes from a child seeing Santa and thinking they may have even heard Santa as he came to deliver gifts during the night is simply magical!

I think back - with fond memories - of all of the different things that my wife and I used to do to give our boys that "special magical" feeling on Christmas Eve after they had gone to bed. 

There is even the report of one young child that had Santa as a part of one of his final wishes. You can read about it HERE.

Generally speaking, Santa is a symbol of joy, peace and love extended to all children - EVERYWHERE - regardless of race or location in the world.

I have always said that I believe in Santa. Yes, even as an adult. How? Why? Because I AM Santa! You know what I mean, right? I have always been Santa to my own children and I have also been Santa to others over the years. 

When I think and hear the word, "Santa", I can't help but think of the scene in "Elf" when Buddy declares that he KNOWS him! Yeah, here's an image from that moment...

Like some of the other words we have been discussing lately, the only "problem" is that Santa is "confined" to just a certain time of the year. Wow, wouldn't you agree that, often, we could use the magic of Santa all year long?

I'm sure you've figured it out by now. That's right, I'm going to encourage YOU to "be Santa" but to do it all year long!

I simply want to encourage you to be a person that spreads joy, peace and hope to those around you anywhere and everywhere you go. No, you don't have to dress up in a red and white suit. No, you don't have to grow out a white beard and, no, you don't even have to be a male....or an adult!

We ALL have that unique ability to bring some "special magic" to our world, the world around us. 

Here's the real kicker: We don't have to actually visit everyone in the whole world in order for our influence and "reach" to extend far greater (and into more of the world) than we could ever imagine. It's called "the ripple effect" or, you may want to look at it as the "pay it forward" mentality.

Don't allow the negativity around you to turn you into a Scrooge. Allow all of the positive information that you have added to your "mental library" to overcome that negativity and share what, indeed, the world needs now, more than ever - HOPE!

It can come in the form of encouragement to your children as well as your co-workers. A pat on the back, a positive word, a "vote of confidence" shown in your words and actions.

You, my friend, are a unique gift in and of itself. There is no other like you. Share "you" to those around you and make the world a better place.

Hey, the rewards will be far better than a plate of cookies and a glass of milk...you can count on that!

Until next time, Merry Christmas! And, be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike
Future You University   FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

No comments:

Post a Comment