Tuesday, March 20, 2012

If I Only Had MORE Time

(be sure to check out the podcast on iTunes or on the RSS feed)


Time. If we had more of it we'd accomplish SO much more, right? Or at least, that's what we think. But, would we? My guess is that, if we had more time, we'd use it exactly the same way that we use the time we DO have right now.

In other words, if you are the type of person that squeezes everything possible out of the time you have each day then, with more time, you'd do the same and accomplish even more. If you are the type of person that seems to never have enough time to get things done then, as much as it hurts to say, you'd likely not get any more done with extra time.

In yesterday's article I asked that you get out a piece of paper and write these words across the top: "If I had the time, I would..." I asked that you make a list of all of the things that you would do if you only had the time. Again, this is NOT a trick - I promise - and I'm not about to bash you over the head for what it is that you write down. This will all come into play in the next article or two.

But, for now, either get another piece of paper OR use the back of that sheet that you used to make that list and write out your day. What do I mean? Start with what time you get up in the morning and, hour by hour, write down what you do or did during that time period.

For example, if you get up at 5:30 then make a slot for 5:30 - 6:30 a.m. and write what took place (or will take place) during that time period. Be as detailed as possible and be HONEST with yourself! No one else is going to see this and it is imperative that you be honest about this or this exercise is a waste of that precious commodity that we are discussing - TIME!

Do that - even as you go through your day - from the time you get up until the time you get to bed. Don't worry about looking over that as you go to bed... you can, but it's not necessary since I'll be discussing your findings in the next article.

But remember, the time is there for all of us. It's simply a choice of what we TAKE time to do.

Thanks for taking the TIME to join me today and I hope you'll continue with me tomorrow via this blog as well as the podcast (the links can be found at the start of this article). Until next time, be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment