Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What Successful People DO


Easy to do - Easy NOT to do.

Simple, right?

Sometimes the most simple things are the most difficult things.
 
Here's something simple to think about: Do you listen when a successful person says, "That's what successful people do..."?
 
Simple to listen and consider but also just as easy/simple to ignore.
 
I heard a guy - who was fairly successful in what he was doing - say that many times people would say to him, "I want to experience the success that you have!". Now, he wouldn't respond to all of them this way but, from time to time he would say, "I have a lot of people tell me that but, let me ask you a question: Are you willing to do what I do?"
 
I've heard this said before many times as well - Those that are successful are those that are willing to do things that others aren't.
 
I think back to when I was in college and how I would wait until the last night before a test to try to "cram" all of that information into my head. That never worked very well! It would have been EASY to study a little each day so that I wouldn't have to try to "cram" it all in over a few hours. BUT, it was also too easy for me NOT to do that and for me to find plenty of other things that were a lot more fun to do than study!
 
Do you remember the movie, "The Pursuit of Happyness" which starred Will Smith and his son, Jaden? It was based on a true story about the struggle of Chris Gardner and how he was able to become a success even after being homeless with his son. (By the way, if you've never seen this - WATCH IT!).
At one point of the movie, while going through an internship program, this gentleman discovered that he could make a lot more phone calls to potential clients IF he never hung up the phone. Instead of hanging it up after each call he would simply "push the button" on the phone with his pencil eraser and move on to the next one on the list.
 
That's easy enough to do, right? But it's also easy enough NOT to do and, guess what? The others in that same program did NOT do it and that is why Mr. Gardner was able to succeed.
 
You can apply this to ANY area with which you want to be successful.
 
Eating better, exercise, reading more, writing that book, parenting, changing a bad habit, etc.
 
So, as always, it's totally up to YOU!
 
Success - whatever that may mean for you - is within your reach. What you do with it and about it is, again, up to you.
 
Easy to do - Easy NOT to do.
 
 
"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike


Future You University   "Like" FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

                                         Start your home based business HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment