Sunday, March 20, 2011

RELATIONSHIPS: We ALL Have Them!

RELATIONSHIPS:

We ALL Have Them!




Sometimes we might think we would love it if we could live a life VOID of relationships. They are so much trouble at times and they require SO MUCH maintenance!


Yes, in a moment of "overwhelment" (not sure if that is even a word!) we may wish such a thing but, and we all know this deep down, it would be a very lonely life without relationships.


Relationships: We ALL have them and, just as with anything else, some are better than others and, at times, they can be downright difficult!


We have relationships with the family that we were born into (or adopted into) - mom, dad, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, etc.


We have relationships that WE have chosen - spouse/partner, in laws (outlaws?), children (now, we may not have chosen THAT child, but we chose to have a child, right?), etc.


We have relationships out of necessity - boss, co-workers, etc.


We have relationships that are business related - insurance agent, banker, dentist, doctor, etc.


In ALL of these that I just mentioned there are some that we like and some we wish would disappear or change. Am I right?


RELATIONSHIPS INVOLVE PEOPLE and, hence, the struggle and difficulty!


Relationships involve IMPERFECT PEOPLE (now we're getting down to the real problem).


Relationships involve people that are NOT ALWAYS IN AGREEMENT WITH US!


Now I'm steppin' on some toes!


So, since we ALL are involved in relationships in our lives and since so many of us struggle with some of them from time to time, I thought it would be a good topic for discussion in this blog AND on my podcast (access at: http://www.michaelspillman.com/).


WHAT I NEED FROM YOU - I need your feedback and input! Please share with me struggles that you have had/are having and, if you've worked through some of them, how it was done. Share questions, comments, insights, etc. with me so we can all benefit from these experiences together.


You can either leave a comment here on the blog, drop me a note via my Facebook page OR start a discussion (or just leave a comment) on the Future You University fan page on Facebook (you can access this on the "contacts" tab on the website I mentioned above) OR you can send me a direct e-mail at the following address:


mike@futureyouuniversity.com


I hope to hear from some of you on this topic.


Until next time...


"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"



Mike


www.MichaelSpillman.com

2 comments:

  1. I have a friendship that ended by some bad mistakes and choices I made. We go to the same church. We just voted in a new Pastor and I really like him. My question is should I disclose to him my mistakes so he knows what happened and why he may never see me and this other woman talking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave the past in the past. Learn from the past - for sure, but there is no need (at this point from what I see) to reveal this to your new pastor.
    Tanya, I would suggest that your church is full of wounded souls and that you would be shocked to find out all of the "dirt" - no need for you to know and no need to have everyone know yours.
    If anything, I'd wait for some time to give this new pastor a chance to settle in and for you to determine if you feel "connected" in such a way as to share with him.
    Remember the "RECRUIT" part from the last series? You mentioned that you were looking for a "mentor"...that might be a good first step, friend.
    Thanks for sharing, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete