Monday, January 11, 2010

I Am a GIVER - Not a TAKER!

#5: "I Am a GIVER - Not a TAKER!"
In some areas, it seems that we are taking a turn in the right direction. There seems to have been a surge in the idea of service over the past several years. The youth of our world seem to have more of a desire to be of service in whatever they do.
And, although this is true in some instances, there are still FAR TOO MANY "TAKERS" in this world and not enough "GIVERS".
So, I wanted to remind myself everyday of the need to be a GIVER and not just another TAKER!
As I go through my life one day at a time - that's all we have, right? - I need to focus on ways that I can serve/help those people with which I come into contact. Perhaps it is something small like opening a door for someone who has their hands full. Perhaps it's handing a dollar to the person in front of you in the check out line who, embarrassed, seems to be a few cents short of the total.
Whatever it is - I am convinced that if we will open our eyes to these opportunities around us that we may even be surprised how many opportunities present themselves to us!
Whatever your position in life, decide to be GIVER and not a TAKER!
If you OWN a business - don't seek to get as much money as you can out of your customers - seek ways that you can give them MORE than they thought they'd receive for the price. Also, treat those who work for you with this attitude and I do believe that, more often than not, you will find a work force that is more productive and working with a better attitude.
Whatever you do for your job - approach it with this attitude and see what happens! You may be surprised to find that your day is more enjoyable AND that, possibly, your attitude is noticed and you get some sort of promotion. Who knows?
Here's the thing - wouldn't you agree that, regardless of the "outcome", it's a better way to live?
Sure it is!
Tomorrow I'm going to do a "Part 2" of this affirmation and talk about it concerning our relationships. Come back and join me for that one if you can.
And, all along the way...
"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment