#6: "I WILL Take Steps on This Journey TODAY!"
Daily affirmations are a wonderful thing and something that I believe can help set us up with the right mental attitude as we begin each day.
Yes, sometimes what we say is not quite 100% true - YET! However, by repeating these things over and over again we can convince our subconscious mind that it IS indeed, true and then our subconscious mind will begin to feed it back to us as truth. Pretty amazing, isn't it?
So, even in our daily affirmations, we must ACT upon them! What do I mean? Well, let's take a quick look back on what we have talked about and apply it to each of the affirmations so far.
1. I AM Somebody SPECIAL! -- How do you act on that? LIVE it as if you BELIEVE it! Yes, I do understand that sometimes we don't feel special. However, we must begin to do our best to act and live with the knowledge that we ARE somebody special. It does take work and it does take action on our part! One of the ways we can do this is by doing exactly what you're doing right now - putting positive influences into our daily activities!
2. I AM ABLE to Accomplish GREAT Things! -- Again, we must put into practice this belief! Don't "wish" that you were able - KNOW that you ARE able! Why? Again, this one is tied directly back to the first affirmation - because you are somebody special! There is no one else like you and you are a mighty creation! "Great things" can have a lot of different meanings - what does it mean for YOUR life? Start making it happen in your life - don't just talk about it and wait for someone to knock on your door and ask you to fill some great role in our society. YOU CREATE IT AND DO IT IN YOUR OWN LIFE!
3. I AM ABLE to Touch and Change Many Lives for the Better! -- Again, stop talking about it and start doing it! Yes, say this daily as part of your daily routine - but then make sure you put action behind it by being aware of the opportunities that surround you and DOING something about them and with them! How many have passed you by already on this day as you read this?
4. I Will Not Allow ANYONE to Determine the Size of My Dreams - THEY ARE MINE! -- What's the action here? Believe it to the point that you begin to live it. How? Well, for one, take a look back at the third affirmation! If you truly believe that you can change many lives for the better - do it and don't worry about those doubters that tell you that you can't! You don't have to prove anything to anyone else! These are YOUR dreams and YOU are the one that will make them happen in your life, right? RIGHT!
5. I AM a Giver - Not a Taker! -- Again, don't just say the words, but actively pursue making this a reality in your life. One day at a time. And, yes, once again, look for the opportunities that come before you during this one day and seize the moment to be a giver in those situations!
So, you see, it is important for us to make sure we take steps on the journey of our daily affirmations! We can talk about this, repeat this and even memorize this BUT, if we don't ever move on to DOING them - they really don't mean much, do they?
Now, in the podcast, I take a whole completely different approach to this affirmation. It deals with our responsibility of moving toward our goals and dreams each and every day. Again, one day at a time.
One day - that's all we have! So, make the progress that you can make today (don't sell yourself short on this one!). Take the steps that you can take today but make sure you take them TODAY!
I often have told you that the blog and the podcast often have different thoughts in them since they are done at two different times. This is one of those times and I want to encourage you to be sure to listen to the podcast too and soak in the thoughts that I share there.
Here's a teaser: Are your dreams "show dreams" or are they the kind that can drive you into your future? Check it out!
And, as you put these daily affirmations into practice on a daily basis...
"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"