Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Find a POSITIVE Support Group!

Twelve "Do's and Don'ts" For Living a Positive Life

1. Make Enthusiasm A Daily Habit!
2. Don't Allow Negative People to Determine Your Self-Worth!
3. Get Into The Habit of Talking to Yourself Affirmatively!
4. Get Into the Habit of Talking to Others With an Affirmative, Positive Vocabulary!
5. Don't Be a Grudge Collector!
6. Think Positive & Pleasing Thoughts!
7. Don't Brag - Let Your Actions Speak For You!
8. Get High on Doing Good!
9. Don't Get Sidetracked!
10. Wake Up Happy!


11. Find a POSITIVE Support Group!

We're just about to the end of our list of "Twelve Do's and Don'ts for a Positive Life" and I hope you have enjoyed my discussions on these topics along the way.

I have mentioned several times how the things that I share with you are some of the same things that you will find shared by any number of people in the field of personal development. Oh yes, they may say them in different ways and use charts and graphs, etc....but they are basically the same.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

It's neither, in my opinion. It's just proof that there are some BASICS that we must all follow in order to live a positive life!

I'm always amazed when I read a book or article or hear a speaker talk on these types of subjects how they say some of the same things I've been saying! Wow! They have heard my idea and use it too! ---- Hey, hang on a second - I'm kidding here, o.k.?

If I wanted to be egotistical I could think that. But it's just not true. What I have discovered is this: as I have listened and read over the years I have absorbed - not copied - some of the basic principles that were shared. I have absorbed them and have put them into practice (ACTION) in my own life and have found them to be true!

And, yes, just like anyone else, I use my own way of speaking and communicating to share these things with you. I use my own life experiences to help make them "come alive" for you as I share them with you.

Why am I saying all of this at the start of today's article? Because, again, I don't want you to get lost on the SIMPLICITY of so many of these things. Often, the simple things are the HARDEST things to accomplish!

One of the reasons is that, because we perceive it to be simple, we don't put the effort into it compared to what we might do if we thought it were difficult.

Also, bottom line - "simple" doesn't mean "easy".

For example... you want to be in better health and live longer? If you smoke - STOP SMOKING! Pretty simple, huh? It's true, isn't it? An easy "one step" solution, right?

Point made.

Take all of what I just said and apply it to today's topic: "Find a POSITIVE Support Group!".

"Ah, that's not necessary! I'm doing alright and don't really need this."

Again, don't let the simplicity fool you.

Go back and read, "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill and read the chapter on the Master Mind group. You see, again, LONG BEFORE I have ever suggested such, other great minds said it first! (Reminder: You can get a FREE copy of this great book at my website: http://www.FutureYouUniversity.com by clicking on the "products" tab and clicking on the banner. You do pay s/h - very small amount for a great book!)

Think even about this series of discussions by themselves. I told you that these came off of a pamphlet or brochure that I've had for over 30 years. So, whoever put these things down in print thought the same thing!

Likely the BEST way to do this would be to connect with a group of people locally so that you can all get together physically. There is just something powerful about the "energy" that can exist in a room when like-minded people are gathered together for a common good!

However, with today's technology it is possible to form such a group with people from all over the world!

I am even organizing such a group - yes, with a very specific topic/purpose in mind to start - beginning in March 2010. I am offering a FREE 8-week teleconference course on "Setting and Reaching Goals" - are you going to be a part of it?

Someone might say, "You're using this discussion to get people to come to your course?" - ABSOLUTELY! And I make no apologies for doing so.

It's FREE - no cost to you, so why SHOULDN'T I do all I can to encourage you to be a part of this? And, no, I won't spring some surprise cost on you. There won't be any hidden charges. You won't get a "skeleton course" and then be told that if you want more, pay a certain amount of money for a "full course".

Sorry, that's just not me. I see that WAY too much and I just won't do that and don't ever plan to do that.

Who knows - perhaps through this course you may find people fairly close to you (again, with technology, does it really matter how close they are to you geographically?) to start another support group.

KEY QUESTION: If you don't take advantage of such a FREE opportunity - what are you doing? Seriously, if you are unwilling to take advantage of something like this - please stop whining and complaining.

This if for those that are WANTING to move on in their lives toward their goals and dreams. Hey, I might learn something from you!

Go the the website (see address link earlier in the article) and click on the banner at the top of the home page. Register for the course and I will be sending you an e-mail with the specifics: starting date, night of the week, time, call in number, etc.

This is for YOU!

A couple of more things about this course - it's only open to the first 20 that sign up. However, if only 5 people take advantage of it, we'll go with the five! I'd rather have five that are ready to go for it than have 100 and 95 of them not really do much with the idea.

Also, it's scheduled for 8 weeks. If, at the end of the course, everyone wants to continue meeting and discussing different topics - I'm in for that too.

Anyway, whatever you do - FIND A POSITIVE SUPPORT GROUP and commit to it and those in the group.

Remember, TOGETHER we WILL make progress on our journey each and every day!

And, as we do, we want to remember to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment