Wednesday, September 10, 2014

End of the 3rd


I'm assuming that the scoreboard in the graphic above is from a basketball game and, I also assume that it is a game between teams made up of very young children OR two very, very bad teams!
 
Why? Because the score shows that each team has scored only 2 points and it is very near the end of the 3rd quarter.
 
This blog is being published on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 and, whether you realize it or not, it's near the end of the 3rd quarter of the calendar year 2014!
 
That's right, the 4th quarter of the calendar year 2014 begins October 1st.
 
WHERE DID THE TIME GO? The same place it always goes...it goes "away" a day at a time, an hour at a time, a minute at a time and a second at a time. Day in and day out, one day after another passes each of us by.
 
I'm not sure what you had planned for 2014 when it began back in January. I'm not sure if you called your plans part of your "New Year's Resolution" or not (many do) but, if you did, like many, you likely have fallen short of what you set out to accomplish.
 
That's when you wake up and realize that 2014 is quickly drawing to a close. Oh, I understand that we still have the majority of September left and then we have October, November AND December (the 4th quarter of the year) but, friend, just like what has already passed us by, this time period will ALSO pass by very quickly.
 
If - and you may not be thinking this way - you're thinking and approaching this with an "I still have plenty of time" mentality then, friend, you are doomed to fall short of what you have set out to accomplish.
 
THAT'S A FACT!
 
I'm not saying that you should panic. I AM saying that you and I need to be very AWARE of where we are "on the clock" for 2014.
 
Yesterday, about an hour before I recorded the podcast for today, I watched a video interview of a guy that began a new business venture in January. I have no idea if this was part of his plan for the New Year or not but I do know it was the result of an online course that he took in January. Fast forward to our current time - the first part of the 9th month of 2014 - and, even if I told you what his figures are with his income, you wouldn't believe me. So, instead of telling you the actual amount, I will share with you his amount minus one of his businesses that has exploded that he already had in place before January. Make sense? The "explosion" is due to what he learned during this course but, since it was an "already existing" business and since it's a "high dollar" part of his business, we'll just leave that out. As a matter of fact, the person doing the interviewing is the one that asked that we just leave that part out to see where he is with his monthly income at this point of the year.
 
Now, let me say that I fully believe this to be true. There was no "proof" given but I do trust the person doing the interview to the point that I believe this to be true. So, are you ready? The guy that took this online course and redirected his focus and application on what he had been TRYING to accomplish for the previous 4 years or so (in which he was making about $400/month) is now doing about $300,000.
 
I don't know about you but, $300,000 a year is INCREDIBLE! But here's the kicker. He's not making that over the course of a year. He's doing that in a month.
 
Yeah, I know...me too! I couldn't believe that this was even possible. I mean I've heard of people doing such things and I know that it IS possible to achieve such but, here I was looking at the guy and listening to how this was being done.
 
Now, don't get all hyped up about "what is it that he is doing" and "how do I sign up" and all of that stuff. It IS an amazing story and I'll keep you informed on my own progress with this program as I move through it and get things going.
 
Here's my point:
   WHAT IF he had begun this program back in January and, like so many others with their "New Year's Resolutions" or plans for a better year, had attempted to work at it for only a month or two and then quit?
   WHAT IF he had decided against taking this action and didn't do anything?
   WHAT IF he had been afraid to step out and take this action because he was afraid of failure?
 
I can answer all three of those questions for you with the following: If any of the three scenarios listed above had taken place, this gentleman would still be getting what he had been getting for the past four years.
 
In other words, NOTHING WOULD HAVE CHANGED!
 
That is our challenge for today, friend.
 
WHAT IF you and I keep plodding along the way we have done over the past 8 months and we don't change a few things?
 
WHAT IF we look at our lack of progress over the last 8 months and we just "give up" on the rest of 2014?
 
WHAT IF you HAVE had success during this year and you realize that you are this close to the end of the year and you decide to just sit back, take a break and admire what you have accomplished?
 
I think you know the answers to all three of these scenarios as well, don't you?
 
I want to CHALLENGE you and ENCOURAGE you to "rise up" to the sound of "that song" (you know, the one that is played to get the fans and the team "fired up" for victory?) and go after it!
 
It's time! It's actually PAST time but, nonetheless, NOW IS THE TIME to end this year STRONG and with SUCCESS!
 
What do YOU say?
 
Let's GET UP and let's GET AFTER IT and let's GET GOING!
 
And, as you do so, whatever you do, always be sure to...
 
"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"
 
Mike


The banner is for a program offered by Dani Johnson...a name I know and trust! And, yes, just so you know, I DO receive a commission off of any of these programs bought.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment