Sunday, February 5, 2012

Let Me Introduce Myself...

Today is "Magical Monday"...Share the magic with those around you!

Perhaps the more correct title of today's podcast and blog would be, "Let me RE-introduce myself." I mean, after all, if you've followed me for very long you have a pretty good idea of who I am and how I operate. If not, you can go to my website, http://www.futureyouuniversity.com/ , and read about the background of what I'm doing as well as my thoughts and plans.

I began my "adult life" as a youth minister back in 1982 and even was doing some work among youth groups before I graduated college. Since 1982 I have worked with teens and adults in a variety of positions and have always had a passion for sharing information and making it as interesting and relevant as possible. I also knew that, at some point, I wanted to change direction and step out with my own seminars that would be developed so as to encourage and uplift my audiences.

After developing some friends that liked my comments on another website I began my own podcast on March 2, 2009 and began doing my blog not too long afterwards. However, I intentionally planned NOT to bring "too much religion" in on my discussions thinking it might allow me to reach a larger audience with positive messages that had their "backing" in Scripture, all the while not coming across as too "preachy".

Here's the deal...where has that gotten me after almost three years? NOT VERY FAR!

Oh, I do have some followers and, part of the problem has been some inconsistency on my part due to some problems that I have deemed "beyond my control" in some ways. But, bottom line, I feel that something has been missing and I believe that the "something" has been the MEAT to the MESSAGE!

So, I'm not going to refrain from using thoughts and scriptures that I know fit what I'm talking about so that I may keep from "offending" anyone or so that I can supposedly have a "larger" audience. It's way past time for me to be me - ALL of me - and just do what I do as a follower of Jesus Christ.

Might I lose some followers? Maybe. If so, that is a choice that a person must make for themselves. Here's the deal... I'm the same guy as before so why stop following what I do because I am now going to be more outspoken and open about the foundations from which I get these principles?

Zig Ziglar once talked about how his career as a motivator "took off" once he got God involved in the discussion. I had the pleasure of hearing Jim Rohn speak on several occasions and, if you know anything about what he shared, he based the majority of his thoughts on Scripture.

IF YOU APPRECIATE WHAT I'M SAYING please let me know! I need your support and I need to know that this is something that you agree with whole-heartedly. If you don't, you can still let me know but, honestly, it's not necessary. Just do what you have to do.

So, ladies and gentlemen, my name is Mike Spillman and I am a proud husband, father, grandfather, motivator, writer and Christian. It's nice to meet you.

Whatever you do, where ever you go, be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment