Monday, February 27, 2012

Make Today AWESOME!

Today is "Magical Monday"...Take advantage of YOUR magic today!

If you've read my blog for very long and if you've listened to my podcast for very long then you already know my "catch phrase" which is, "Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)".

I've mentioned in the past that I was very specific in the wording of this catch phrase and the meaning behind it. Let me touch on that once again before I get into the discussion on the first half of this phrase.

Too many people "settle" for the idea of "HAVING" a nice day. Think about it. How many times do you hear people say - or YOU say to another - "have a nice day!". Now, don't get me wrong! It's polite and it's nice but, I began to look at it as something you just "settle" for - HAVING a nice day. I don't know really how to explain it, but it's like, "Here....have this" and us, on this end saying, "Well, o.k...I guess I'll HAVE a nice day if you're offering it to me." Now, again, don't get upset with me on this if you say, "have a nice day" - NO BIGGIE.
However, I wanted to rephrase it in such a way that it emphasized the part that WE all play in the direction of our days - EVERY DAY! So, a few years back I came up with my catch phrase. Now you know if you didn't already. Now, THAT ALONE made this worthwhile, right? (Yeah, I'm smiling when I say that).

Seriously though, STOP WAITING for someone to bring the "magic" (yeah, Magical Monday, remember?) to your life, to your day and MAKE IT HAPPEN yourself! You've heard me say it or read it when I've written it - it's ALL a CHOICE!

I've also said this before - don't let the fact that I'm making this so simple cause you to skip over this. "Sometimes the PROFOUND can be FOUND in the simple!"

Who are you waiting for? What are you waiting for? Who are you waiting on? What are you waiting on? While you keep standing around WAITING the world is passing you by! The WORLD that is full of WONDER and all kinds of things and people that can TRULY create a sense of AWE in your day.

Be sure to listen to the podcast that goes along with this topic (iTunes - http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/mike-spillmans-future-you/id423660739 or the RSS feed - http://mikespillman.hipcast.com/rss/futureyouuniversity.xml ).

Hey friend, would you do me a favor? If you find value/benefit in this blog and/or my podcast, would you please share them with someone? I'd appreciate it and I say, "Thank you!" in advance.

Today IS "magical" and today IS full of all kinds of awe-inspiring things ... things that will truly make your day AWESOME.

Wait a minute, I thought you said NOTHING can make it awesome for me? Nothing did. YOU did when you decided to open your eyes and take it all in!

Keep looking and absorbing and enjoying and, as you do so, continue to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment