Tuesday, February 28, 2012

YOU Decide!

It's "Turn-Around Tuesday"...what are YOU waiting for?
Get after it and TURN THINGS AROUND!

Yesterday I shared information behind my specific intentions with my catch phrase, "Make it an AWESOME Day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)" and then focused on the first part of that phrase - "Make Today AWESOME!".

So, guess what? Yup, you got it...I'm going to spend some time discussing the second half and encourage you to decide - YOU decide - to make it awesome!

I said it in the podcast and I said it in a "round-about way" in yesterday's blog - if you're waiting for someone to make you happy or to make your day, week, month, year or life AWESOME then, friend, you're going to be waiting for a very long time.

Again, don't get me wrong - I DO understand that there are people and even events or things that can bring happiness into our lives. But DO NOT MISS THIS POINT - you do not have to rely on other people or other things to be happy!

Do some people, pets and activities ADD TO our happiness and even give us a better quality of life? ABSOLUTELY! But, you can still be happy and you can STILL make your days AWESOME even if these things aren't present in your life at the moment.

It's a choice.Wow, like you've never heard me say THAT before, right?

Think about it - even the daily "tag" for today ("Turn-Around Tuesday") emphasizes this very idea. Stop WAITING, stop WHINING and stop EXPECTING someone else to do everything for you! Stop waiting/whining/expecting someone else to make your life better for you. Stop waiting/whining/expecting for the government to provide for you! (Again, I DO understand that there are situations that may require some of that help - but too many people are waiting, whining and expecting.) Have I made THAT point clear enough yet? :)

That's right - YOU have the ability to make the necessary changes in your life to make your day and life full of AWE. You.

Thank God for those people and occurrences that bring joy to your life but STOP waiting for those people/places/things to be what makes you happy.

Now, let's look at this from another practical side...if you are UNHAPPY and feel that your life is void of anything AWESOME and you are waiting for that special "someone" to make you happy (yeah, I've actually heard people say that EXACT phrase, "I wish I could find someone to make me happy!") then, guess what? You likely won't be the type of person that's going to attract anyone! Blunt, but true! You will come across as NEEDY because you ARE needy if this is how you approach life. You NEED someone else to make you happy.

Are you kidding me?

So, pure and simple - you want to be happy? YOU DECIDE! You want your day/week/month and year to be AWESOME? YOU DECIDE!

Need I say more? Nope.

Be sure to listen to the podcast on this topic (iTunes - http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/mike-spillmans-future-you/id423660739 or my RSS feed -  http://mikespillman.hipcast.com/rss/futureyouuniversity.xml ) and, as you continue down this path of personal development and improvement be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment