Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"Wonderful Wednesday" - "Reconnecting"



This is a group photo of the friends I discuss in today's podcast on "Reconnecting" - a few of those that I graduated with in 1978.

One thing I point out in the podcast is the fact that I did not call this "Reliving". Why? Well, for one - I don't WANT to relive those days when I was a teenager! Were they bad? No. Were they horrible. Absolutely not! BUT, I don't want to go back and "live again" those days. I've moved on! I enjoy my life and have enjoyed every "stage" that I have been through in my life.

However, I CAN - and do want to - "remember", or "bring to memory again" those people, places and events that brought joy to my life. And, that being true, I also want to "connect once again" to these special people.

Obviously, I don't want to reconnect with people that brought nothing but discontent and negativity into my life. Nope. Not going to happen. But that's the wonderful thing about memories - WE CAN CHOOSE! Isn't that great?

Oh, I know that there are times we will run into such people - it's unavoidable - BUT if you have your mind set on the positive things and you KNOW that it's YOUR choice and you REFUSE to allow someone else to have any control over your thoughts and feelings - then it will be alright!

What about you? Are there people with which you've lost contact? Are there people with which you need to reconnect? Why not try to find them. Or, if you know where they are - why not contact them and say "hello"?

If they brought joy and value into your life - why not take advantage of the time you have TODAY to add that joy and value to your day - TODAY?

I think you'll be glad you did.

Oh, and, by the way....THANKS, Greg (and his wife Wanda), Fonda, "Cricket" and Tammy!

"Make it an AWESOME Day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike Spillman

No comments:

Post a Comment