Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's NEVER Too Late!

I apologize for not getting this up yesterday- things are really busy and I just didn't get it done. Simple as that!

Do you ever have days like that? Sure you do! So again (I try to find points in just about everything I put on here so here is another one!), remember that, even though you may not get something done at exactly the right time - keep working and get it done! That doesn't make you a failure! (That being said, it doesn't work that way on the job, does it? If you have guidelines and deadlines - discipline yourself to get it done!).

Now, to the point of the message from Monday's podcast - "It's NEVER Too Late!".

Over the weekend I finally watched the movie, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" - the movie that starred Brad Pitt as a man that was born old and, as the years went by, got younger. This is an interesting movie with a lot of good points in it and I would recommend it for your viewing pleasure.

I could probably spend a whole month talking about different things from the movie - but I won't! Instead I wanted to share one main thought that I came away with from this movie and it's a thought that was shared near the end. Here it is:

"It's never too late to start over and, actually, it's never too early."

Do you agree? Do you live your life in agreement with that statement? You see, it's one thing to SAY that we agree and then it's a different thing altogether as to whether or not we believe it to the point of LIVING our lives in accordance to that stated belief.

For many of us - we give up too soon. We tend to place great emphasis on the number that signifies our age. You may say, "Well, I'm 40 years old - it's too late for me to do __________ (fill in the blank)".

Really? Is it really too late?

"I've messed up and, at my age, I'll never be able to recover from that mistake."

Really? Do you really not have the ability to recover? Think about that.

Now, let me say this. Sure, I understand that, financially, someone could mess up and lose their life savings and, yes, not be able to recover what was saved over a lifetime. But even in a situation such as that - will you just give up and cease to live? NO!

Do you really know anyone that lives a life free of mistakes? I can answer that for you with certainty - NO, YOU DON'T!

So, the question is not, "IF" I will make a mistake - but "WHEN" and "WHAT".

"WHEN I make a mistake - even a big one - WHAT will I do about it?"

This is key to our living of life.

For those of us that are "older" (what does that mean anyway?) this is so important to grasp! IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!

For example, I'm 49 years old (will turn 50 on November 3) and I am working on taking my life in a whole new direction. Is it scary - YES! Do I have my doubts at time - YES! But is it too late for me to do so - NO!

Remember my phrase that I came up with months ago and that I use regularly - "As long as there is breath there is hope!"

This is true!

Do you need to go back to school and take some courses? IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!
Do you need to change your path on saving for your financial future? IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!
Do you need to change your attitude and mindset? IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!

Let's stop using this as an excuse and LIVE the day (TODAY) that we have been given!

And, on the other hand - IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY!

My goodness - if I had known then what I know now....

How many of us could say this? Probably all of us.

So, all I can do now is say this to those that are younger - NOW IS THE TIME TO LIVE AND TRY NEW THINGS! When you are younger - you have the ability and the opportunity to do so with much more time to "recover" or take a different approach. Don't be afraid to follow your passion and see where it takes you. If you mess up or discover that it is not the path you want to follow after all - IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY TO START OVER!


-----------------------------
Now, on a somewhat different train of thought -- I am still amazed at how things work. I have shared with you how I am behind on my reading of SUCCESS magazine. And, yet, it seems that I am reading what I am supposed to be reading at this time. Do you know what I mean?

Interestingly, it also seems to be working that way with some of the movies that I have been watching lately. The one I mentioned in this article along with "Marley & Me" that I begin to discuss in my podcast for Tuesday and that I will center my next blog article around.

These things seem to be "intertwined" - and for a purpose!

Pay attention to the "little things" in your life and see if you don't find the same thing. I do believe that if you will open up your mind to these things that you, too, will see a "pattern" that works together for things that YOU NEED TO HEAR and/or SEE for you life right now!

Think about it...open your eyes....see and learn.


Until next time, friends -

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment