Monday, October 5, 2009

Go Ahead, Make My Day!

I've always loved that line spoken by Clint Eastwood from the "Dirty Harry" movie - and so have many others.

And, yet, it actually goes against everything that I have been promoting and talking about for these past eight months or so. We CANNOT wait for someone else - or something else - to make our day! It is up to US - you and me - to make that happen in our own lives. Don't you agree?

I mentioned on today's podcast about a sign I saw one morning while watching a small segment of one of the national morning network news shows. I had just watched my local weather and the programming came back to the "crew" standing outside with people behind the barricades holding up signs. You've seen what I'm talking about, right?

One particular man held up a sign that asked people to go to his blog and to tell him what they wanted him to do for that day.

WHAT????? Are you kidding me?

Now, I do understand that he is trying to get attention for his blog, but what a miserable way to live your life - waiting for others to tell you what they want you to do. Waiting on someone else go "make your day" instead of YOU choosing to LIVE your day!

It's easy for us to point our fingers at a situation like that. It's easy for us to say, "Wow, how silly is that!" But, it's not always so easy for us to look inward and realize that many of us are doing the exact same thing in our lives.

Yes, I understand that you likely have a boss. Yes, I understand that there are certain things that you HAVE to do in order to keep your job. Yes, I understand that it is important for you to keep your job. I really do understand all of this, but may I remind you of a few things?

Even if your job is drudgery and you hate it - you can be having a "happy party" on the inside! No, really - I mean it! You see, we may be "controlled" concerning our physical activities during the day while on the job - but our soul, spirit and mind are FREE!

And, the more you fill those "pieces" of your being with POSITIVE thoughts - the easier it is to make it through even the toughest days!

"They" cannot control your thoughts - those positive thoughts - that can keep a smile on your face even during the toughest parts of your day! "They" cannot control your thoughts knowing that you are working on bettering your life to the point that, one day, you will be able to walk away from this situation! "They" cannot control what you do to fill your life full of peace and joy once you are away from the job.

Remember..."Never give up. Never give in. Never surrender!"

Do not be broken to the point that you are just a "machine" going through the motions waiting for the next thing that you are told/directed to do.

Step out of those dark shadows and allow the sun to shine on your face for, YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE!

No, that's not just a bunch of hype! I believe it to be 100% true!

Let me quickly share something personal that happened to me within the last hour. I just got off of a very frustrating phone call that really discouraged me concerning a project in which I am involved. Now -I HAVE A CHOICE! I can allow this to "burn" in me all day long and "ruin" my day OR I can CHOOSE to move on with my day and filter our the frustration with my POSITIVE deposits! I could even allow this to impact me to the point that I "quit" on this project and play the "blame game" as to why I did so.

However, I choose to move forward, committed to this project and the powerful things that I know it will bring to my life and the lives of others. IT'S A CHOICE!

It's YOUR choice!

So....Go ahead, make YOUR day!

And, as always...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

No comments:

Post a Comment