Monday, March 23, 2009

Why Not Now? (Part 2)

In today's podcast I simply continue my thoughts on the subject that we began last Wednesday. I feature some quotes out of Seth Godin's book, "Tribes" (which, by the way I HIGHLY recommend for reading - it is an AWESOME book!)

Please understand - I'm not talking about just walking away from your job with no plans or preparation. Some people hear or read things like this and think that is what people like me are encouraging them to do - IT IS NOT! I hope I made that clear.

But, on the other hand, some people plan and plan and plan and plan and never ever make the move even with all of these plans in place. We are many times paralyzed by F.E.A.R. (False Evidence Appearing Real).

I do not want to live my life with regrets. I do not want to come to the end of my life and say, "You know, I sure wish I had............" (fill in your own blank)

I also do not want live my life continually saying, "One day, I'm going to .........................." (again, fill in your own blank).

The time is NOW because NOW is all we really have. I could type more, but please listen to the podcast and BEGIN (whatever that means for you - we are all in different "stages" in this process) TODAY to make your move for your future!

Until then, my friend....
"Make it an AWESOME Day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mike,

    As usual, great podcast. Still waiting on your decision to be an author on my blog.

    Anyways, about this podcast. Great continuation of the topic. I'm itching to get a hold of that book by Seth Godin now.

    Preparation is key to any success, online or offline, business or personal or social or financial or whatever success you're after. Of course, no follow up (action) on the preparation (plan) equals no progress.

    FEAR acronym I had heard already. Here's one that I was introduced to this Sunday at church: PUSH (Pray Until Something Happens).

    Live life without regrets. Leave no room for procrastination. The time to do anything is NOW. Tomorrow is never guaranteed, but when it do comes don't let it meet you unprepared. (Maybe I'll blog about this topic soon).

    Awesome podcast Mike. Can't wait for Wednesday's one.

    God bless...

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback and glad you enjoyed it!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete