Thursday, March 5, 2009

"FUN FRIDAY!"

Wow - I just had a BLAST recording today's podcast entitled, "FUN Friday!"

If you haven't had the chance to listen to it - make sure you do as soon as you can so that you can add to the things that can make you put a smile on your face, do something a little crazy and maybe even laugh out loud!
(By the way - I finally figured out how to put that button up on the upper right hand column with the "orange-ish" XML button there so that you can click and access the podcasts).

A few months ago I - along with my wife - realized that we just weren't having much fun day to day. Nothing bad was happening, but we were just getting lost in the "hum-drum" day in/day out activities and weren't having as much fun as we could or should.

So, I came up with the WONDERFUL idea (yeah, I know, shamless self-promotion, huh? But hey, it's my blog and my idea! ;) ) that, whenever any of us - me, my wife or our son, Jordan - called out, "Booty shake!" that all of us HAD to stand up wherever we were and regardless of what we were doing and REGARDLESS of whether we wanted to or not and SHAKE OUR BOOTY. No, no music - just "booty shaking"!

Do you know how hard that is to do without smiling, laughing and maybe even just "cracking up"? You tend to let loose and "ham it up" a bit!

If you don't believe me - try it out for yourself! Now, if you listen to today's podcast I even provide some fun music to do this with (can you say, "K.C. and the Sunshine Band"??) - BUT the key is to get "brave and bold" enough to step on out there and do it even when there is NO music to be heard!

So what if others look at you funny?
So what if they laugh "at" you instead of "with" you?
WHO CARES???

(Disclaimer: Now, obviously, one should use a little common sense in this excercise so as to not get themselves fired from their job. If you DON'T (use common sense) and you DO (get fired) - IT AIN'T MY FAULT!)

So, anyway - I dare you to do the "booty shake" RIGHT NOW wherever you are - no matter what is going on around you (but again, read the above mentioned disclaimer!).

Don't limit your fun to Friday - make it a habit!!

YOU can have an AMAZING IMPACT on many people around you just by deciding - yes, making a DECISION - to smile and enjoy the day!

So, until next time.....DO THE BOOTY SHAKE and ....

"Make it an AWESOME Day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment