Monday, October 18, 2021

ASKING (parts 1 and 2)

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."    (Matthew 7: 7-8) NKJV

Go HERE to listen to the podcasts on parts 1 and 2 on the RSS feed or go HERE to listen to it on iTunes.

In these two podcasts I begin with a discussion of the first "step" of the three (Ask, Seek, Knock) and, specifically, in part 1, of how it is a sequence or a progression that naturally takes place. Also, although this IS a "biblical principle" it is something that applies to "every day life" regardless of what you do - or don't - believe.

When you consider, and understand, that this "process" is a very definite SEQUENCE, then you will also understand that there are many (maybe even you?) that BEGIN the process/sequence by ASKING but never go any further than that. It is as if they believe that all they have to do is ASK for something and it is going to magically appear and, literally, fall into their laps!

Friend, it just doesn't happen that way. #TRUTH

Much of your determination to proceed with the sequence that will cause you to move past the ASKING part of this sequence will greatly depend upon what it is that you seek. Your "WHY" for asking. What are you going to do? Are you going to just sit back and whine and complain because "nothing is happening"?

Remember, it's a sequence...you ASK and then you SEEK.

 Again, you cannot "ask" and expect the answer or solution to simply fall into your lap! You must keep your eyes open (go back to my last series, "Seeing with NEW Eyes") and be WATCHING and paying attention so that you can SEE that answer (or potential answer) when it appears and/or crosses before you. 

Now then, in the part 2 podcast, I address the question of, "What happens when you get, not just a 'no' but a 'slap in the face, RESOUNDING 'NO'?" Do you just give up? Do you stop asking? Do you stop seeking for an answer or THE answer if/when that happens?


 This is a book that I am currently reading and I HIGHLY recommend that you do the same. It is an EXCELLENT book that is very interesting in it's approach and, at the same time, very POWERFUL in what it has to say and teach us about "drifting" along without any focus or purpose and the dangers of doing so. 

In the part 2 podcast on "ASKING" I point out a couple of things from this book that want to share with you here. 

On page 38 of this book, Napoleon Hill states the following (word emphasis is mine): "...there comes with every experience of temporary defeat, and every failure and every form of adversity, the seed of an equivalent benefit. Mind you, I did not say the full-blown flower of success, but the seed from which that flower may be made to germinate and grow. I know of no exception to this rule. The seed of which I speak may not always be observed, but you may be sure it is there, in one form or another."

Notice that I emphasized the word "temporary" in reference to defeat. This, too, is a CHOICE that you make each and every time you face a difficulty or a set back. Will you allow this to be temporary or, like a child, will you throw a tantrum and allow it to take root in your day, week, month, year and perhaps, even your whole life? 

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN to the "seed of an equivalent benefit". If you have allowed yourself to get so upset and "down" over this temporary failure, you very likely will not "see" or "observe" this "seed" that - in one form or another - is, indeed, there. 

I also share (in part 2 of the podcasts) Napoleon Hill's sharing of Ralph Waldo Emerson's "law of compensation" that can be found on page 41 of this book. It is stated as follows:

"For everything you have missed, you have gained something else; and for everything you gain, you lose something else." Also, in his journal dated January 8, 1826, he also wrote, "The whole of what we know is a system of compensations. Every defect in one manner is made up in another. Every suffering is rewarded; every sacrifice is made up; every debt is paid."

 As encouraging as these words are, I have to ask you this question: Do you hang around long enough - after your "temporary defeat" to discover this "compensation"? Do you allow yourself to have your head up to where you may be able to "see" this compensation when it comes your way? 

It's like that old saying that my wife reminded me of the other day during our discussion of these podcasts..."When one door shuts, another one opens". However, if you are not looking, that door could open - and also shut - without you ever even noticing!

In the part 2 podcast, I share information about a real estate deal that, the day I recorded the podcast, looked as if it was going to fall through. Hey friend, that was NOT the end result that I wanted or had planned! But, you know what? I decided that I was NOT going to allow this to "ruin my day" or even my next minute. I chose, instead, to believe that if this deal DID fall through then it simply meant that God had something better planned for me. 

My mind immediately went to a new business venture that I was involved in that I would be able to focus on even more if, indeed, this real estate deal did fall through and...guess what?...I was not only o.k. with it but I was also excited about the extra time that I would now be able to focus on in this new venture!

UPDATE: Since the recording of part 2 in the podcasts it looks as if that real estate venture may be "back on track". The main thing is, whether it is or isn't - I'm good either way! Now friend, let me tell you, that is a POWERFUL and much BETTER way to live life!

So, again, you have a choice to make when you ask and the answer appears to be a LOUD and RESOUNDING "NO!". But remember, "Every choice requires a decision and every decision requires a choice."

You have a CHOICE on what you do when you have that "temporary defeat". And, honestly, regardless of what you choose to do, either way, a DECISION has been made.

Will you decide to pull back and give up on what it is that you asked about OR will you decide to keep seeking.

CONSIDER THIS: Honestly, this thought just came to me when I typed that last sentence. Maybe, before continuing to seek an answer to that for which you asked, you should go back and ask again and make sure you are pursuing what you actually need in and for your life. In other words, in my mind and approach, it would be something like, "O.k. God...help me out here. What's my next move? Help me to open my eyes and keep them open to see what it is that YOU want me to see and choose."

Be sure to join me on the next podcast when I dive deeper into the next part of the sequence: SEEKING

If you would, please be sure to go to the NEW and IMPROVED website at www.FutureYouUniversity.com and let me know what you think. While you are there, be sure to sign up for your FREE e-book that I have put together for you there AND THEN go to my fan page on Facebook to give me your feedback on the new website as well as my podcasts and blog articles.

Until next time, remember, YOU'RE HERE FOR A REASON and, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"


Mike






No comments:

Post a Comment