Thursday, August 20, 2009

The "Little, Big Word" - IF

Two letters.

Small word.

Two letters...but one of the biggest words in our vocabulary!

If.

"If I had only..."

How many of us say things like this in our lives from time to time? At the end of chapter 15 of Napoleon Hill's classic, "Think & Grow Rich" he covers 57 "ifs" that many use as "alibis" (I'd say excuses) as to why they have failed to accomplish one thing or another with and in their lives.

Again, I strongly urge you to get a copy of this book one way or another and go over this list yourself - one at a time - and consider their impact in YOUR life! (I do mention each one of them in today's podcast, but too quickly for you to give each the thought needed).

I was watching the video segment that comes with the audio/DVD in each copy of SUCCESS magazine from last month and, in it, Les Brown uses a very powerful phrase..."Live full and die empty!" (I think he has a whole program based on that phrase - you can check it out yourself).

Think about that - "Live full and die empty". Yet, Mr. Brown points out the fact that most people do the opposite. They "die full and live empty". Ouch!

I have to admit that I have done this most of my life - and I regret it! I will be turning 50 years old this coming November and I feel that I have yet to fully LIVE my life!

Here's the kicker - it's never to late to make a change! I made a decision within the past year that I was going to live my life so that, if at all possible, I would not get to the END of my life saying, "I wish I had done this and that...".

All of us need to stop allowing the word "if" to become a roadblock to our forward progress! YOU do have the ability to do just that! YOU, and no one else.

What will YOU do?

Instead of, "If I had done..." what about taking a different look and start saying, "What if I DID step up and out and move forward?"

We will begin to look at this thought in next weeks podcast as we bring to a conclusion our discussions on this classic book.

Until then....remember to...

"Make it an AWESOME Day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment