Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Surviving Life's Adventure

Surviving Life's Adventure

Just like the roller coaster above, life has it's UPs and it has it's DOWNs!

When you really think about it, what I have said this week is definitely true - LIFE IS AN ADVENTURE!

It just seems to be "human nature" for us to like it/enjoy it when things are on the "up" swing, right? However, I don't know that I've ever met anyone that actually expressed a liking to life when it is in a "down" swing and doing so at break-neck speed.

Oh, I've read words from people that have said we need to do this, but I've never actually met one. Have you?

So, here's the focus for the day - you CAN survive life's adventure!

You DO HAVE the ability to survive the struggles as well as life's celebrations!

How do I know that? Simple. You're still here.

The fact that you are still here reading this blog shows that YOU have the ability to survive life's ups and downs even if it's not fun!

"As long as there is breath there is hope!" I came up with this quote over a year ago and it is as true today as it was then and it will continue to be true for the rest of time!

As long as you are alive and breathing there is HOPE for something to change. And YOU have the ability to put that change into action.

Are you going to tell me that you have never had to get creative in order to survive life's adventure? Sure you have! Hey, "McGyver" has nothing on you! You've had to learn how to juggle bills or juggle jobs or..... you can fill in this part, right?

Has it always been easy? NO!

But, remember, no adventure is "easy" - that's what makes it an adventure! The risk involved ensures that it is not going to be an easy task. Seriously, what would be the adventure if it was all easy?

Now, please understand that I KNOW it's easier for me to sit and type these words than to remember them when things get tough. But, I know this about myself as well. I CAN because I already HAVE!

That's right. Just like you (and everyone else) I have survived which tells me that I can do it again - regardless of what life throws at me. And, yes, some things may knock me for a bigger loop and make it harder to get back up on my feet....but I WILL get back up on my feet. I know I can and I know I will.

Why? Because I - like you - am a SURVIVOR of life's adventure!

Take a look back at your life - as painful as it may be - and just notice times in your life that you have pulled through and survived when, at the time, it seemed like it might be impossible to do so.

Yeah, see? You CAN do it. You've done it before and you can do it again.

So, what's there to be afraid of?

Indeed, life IS an adventure and it's an adventure that YOU can survive.

So... let's go!

And, as you do so...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment