Monday, July 19, 2010

A State of Mind

A State of Mind

"When I fill out a form that requires me to put what state I live in, I don't know what else to put down but - 'The State of Confusion' ."

Yeah, you know what I'm talking about, right? (insert "smiley face" here)

Last week I discussed the topic of ways to become "happier" - things we can DO that should bring a sense of happiness and well-being into our lives. Then on Friday, for the "Fun Friday" podcast I poked fun at the bottom 10 states that were listed for the 50 United States in order of "happiness" rankings.

I've joked about the fact that Arkansas was number 48 on the list of 50. Wow! I guess I just THOUGHT I was happy!

As silly as this sounds, there are MANY people that would look at the list I mentioned (find the link in the last entry before this one) and reason that if they would move to one of the states that are higher on the list than their own state - then they'd be happier!

Uh.... simply put: WRONG!

Yes, sure, there are some things that can make life easier and some places that can have a better job market and access to things that other places do not. However, from what I've learned, each place has their own pros and cons. Wouldn't you agree?

So, when you really consider this - it doesn't matter where you live! The "happiest state" would be your "state of mind"!

We've talked about this over and over and over again - it's all about your mindset and what you do to either have a POSITIVE or a NEGATIVE mindset.

So, friend... look around you and stop wishing that you were somewhere else. You are HERE and you are here NOW.

What you do about that fact is up to YOU and no one else.

Yes, you got it - it's all about CHOICE and it is YOUR CHOICE.

Isn't it interesting how it all comes down to this?

Listen to today's podcast for more thoughts on this topic and...as the old saying goes, "Bloom were you're planted!"

And, as you do so...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment