Sunday, October 19, 2014

Fighting Fear


Do you remember being afraid of "something" in the dark when you were a kid?
 
 I remember times when I couldn't even hardly move in my bed because I was so afraid of what I THOUGHT was "out there. As a matter of fact, I even tried to not breathe as much as possible and had the covers over my head even though I was sweating furiously.
 
I also remember a time when I was out in the woods on our property and found a "creature" crawling up my leg. I didn't know what it was but, it scared me so badly that all I could do was stand still and start screaming. I was "paralyzed"! All it turned out to be was a locust but, hey, I didn't know what it was and I was afraid.
 
I am afraid of heights and that fear also, literally, paralyzes me to the point that I can not move.
 
Can you relate to any of the things that I've shared with you so far?

So, you see, the paralyzing force of fear is not something that we necessarily outgrow as adults. Even in areas besides the physical (like the fear of heights), we can struggle with and have the need to FIGHT FEAR.

It may be the fear of failure, the fear of disappointment, the fear of success, the fear of commitment, or a variety of other fears that we may still face today.

In the next three articles we are going to take a look at the need to FIGHT FEAR and see it for what it really is as well as what "can be" once we get past this fear.

We will take a short journey so that we can "see" what's on the "other side" of fear. And, as it says in the graphic above, "You'll like what's on the other side!".

Until then, why not make a list of the things that hold you  back. You may not want to admit it but, many times, we are held back because FEAR has paralyzed us in our tracks. Go ahead, brainstorm and make a list. Be honest with yourself as you make this list so that you can make some progress as we go through this series.

Be sure to share this with as many people as possible so that they, too, can begin to face fear and enjoy the benefits of getting to the "other side" of fear.

Until then, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment