Thursday, October 30, 2014

Watch Out for SCAMS!

 
 
I thought that I would share with you some information on a couple of SCAMS that I have come across and, yes, sadly and regrettably, got involved with. I'll explain WHY I did so and I will also explain what, in my opinion, it is about these systems that make them SCAMS to be AVOIDED AT ALL COST!

I'm going to share information on 2 separate programs that I tried and found to be scams:

1. XTREME CLOUD PROFIT or (Profit Cloud)

 
 
  Interestingly, when you try to access information on this program now you will come upon a page that will say "campaign not active".
So, in my mind, either the people behind this got their big financial reward, pulled the plug and ran with the money OR enough people complained about this scam that it got pulled.
WHY I GOT INVOLVED:
No, I did not expect to make over $700 per day as is guaranteed in the video (capture of that video on the right). My thought was, "What if it brought even a small fraction of this in for us? It's guaranteed and plain in what is promised." HINT: 100% guarantee's are absolutely worthless - always know that and do not allow that to sway your judgment thinking that they certainly can't make that promise if it isn't true.
The way it was explained DID make sense in that the person promoting this would get their share out of MY share so, hey, you would think that it would be (as is actually described in the video) in their best interest to follow through on their promises, right?
It's all promised to be free (just something like $15/for his "team" to get it all set up) and all done FOR you! Hey, with a "100% money-back guarantee" I thought, why not...what if it only brings me $700 per week or even $50 per day?
This next part is from a "so-called review" of the system (most of these are written by people promoting the product and are all usually worded almost exactly the same):
Inside Xtreme Profit Cloud
Inside Member Area of Xtreme Profit Cloud, you'd get software, videos, training material and exact step by step plan that you need to work with.
Nope. Absolutely nothing as far as software, videos or training material. A complete bust. After two days of going back and forth with their "support system" I was told (which I had already figured out) that I would have to buy traffic sources (Hey, guess what? They offer such in their back office! Convenient!) in order to drive traffic to the "website" that they had created for me (minimal site).
Oh, and by the way, you had to pay for 6 months of hosting up front which was $89.70 and, when I wanted my refund, I was told that I could get all but $14.95 back because that was for the domain name registration (which was promoted as FREE even during the sign up process).
Yeah, I know...I should have listened to my "gut" on this and never even believed that they would follow through on their guarantee. Lesson learned.
So, again, this particular campaign is apparently down and gone - at least for now. But, be aware of ANY system where you are seeing "Cloud Hosting" as part of the title. THIS is where the affiliates are getting their money. I did find a few "real" reviews of this product and that is what is agreed upon  ---- this is nothing but a "funnel" for the cloud pro hosting.
 
-----------------------------------------------------
 
2. ANYTHING with Anik Singal
 
 
This particular program by Anik Singal is "Inbox Blueprint" (that's Anik on the right). You may have seen the program advertised with a video showing 5 people that Anik took and, overnight, with his system, each was able to make over $1,000 profit.
I've seen this type of approach before and I do know that it is never as easy as it appears in the example. As a matter of fact, once inside this program, I did get access to other videos of this set up that show that, indeed, Anik helped get these people set up with some "extra cost" advertising, etc. to make it happen. You're never told how MUCH money was put in to make this happen and, even though they call the $1,000+ "profit", I'm guessing that this figure is what was made BEFORE taking out the expenses. I don't know that for sure, it's just what I think to be true.
WHY I GOT INVOLVED:
I have no real problem with the program, itself. I wanted to find a program to help me learn how to build  a list because, bottom line, anytime you see promotions "showing" you what a person did in a very short period of time, IF true, it was done through a list that this person has built up over several years.
So, does the program offer valuable material for people like me? Well, yes, I would say that it does and I actually consider myself to be a little over "beginner" when it comes to "internet marketing".
I also do think, however, that there is a LOT of hype in everything that Anik does. Even in the training videos or the "live" webinars (I'll get to that in a moment) a BIG part of the time is spent trying to upsell you to another program. Hey, he's a marketer, I get it but it gets a little old when, probably 50% of the time is spent on the upsell.
The webinars are promoted as being "live" but I do not believe that to be true at all. Why? Well, for one, there is no live "chat" screen during the webinars. You're told that this is due to Anik still trying to figure out how to bring that up. Think about that for a moment. He is supposed to be an internet marketing "guru" and he can't figure this out? Two, he REALLY played up the whole idea that, because he valued us - his students - so much, that he was even going to do some LIVE webinars while he was on his honeymoon! The problem with this is that, all you had to do was to go to his YouTube channel and see that the videos had already been recorded. They just were not accessible to the public yet.
So, those are things I didn't particularly care for, but they do not qualify this as a scam in my book.
However, what DOES qualify this as a SCAM in my book is the fact that you DO NOT get your refund back as promised!
This program is $97 per month for 3 months. Hey, I really thought that I'd likely learn enough to make more than that with this program per month so that the $97 would not be something to even worry about. They offer a "no questions asked, 60 day, money back guarantee".
Well, true, they didn't ask any questions when I asked for a refund of my initial $97 after LESS than a whole month.
That refund was supposedly granted on September 30, 2014 and today is October 30, 2014 and I have still not received my refund. I was told by their support team (that, my friend, is questionable) that the refund had been issued and that, since the card I was using was MasterCard, that it tended to take longer...maybe up to 2 weeks. It's been a month now.
As a matter of fact, I was told by support that they did their part and that there was nothing else that they could do! Are you kidding me?
So, I consider this a SCAM and would advise that you stay away from ANYTHING connected with Anik Singal.
If - by chance - I end up getting my refund I will come back to THIS article and update that information.
----------------------------------------------------------
 
I had planned to post some POSITIVE information about a few programs in this blog but, in my opinion, it is almost too long even now. So, I will post another article after this to share a few programs that I am involved in and, for the most part, I'm doing as a "free member" and am still able to make a little $$ doing.
 
One is absolutely FREE to join and do and there are others that  cost some money to really reap the benefits but, again, I'm doing as a free member for now and am still able to make a little money off of referrals and other things.
 
Anyway, I'll tell you everthing that I can about each of these so that you'll hear it from someone that is actually "in" telling you what's on "the other side" of that "join now" button!
 
Be careful! Feel free to contact me with any questions about what I've posted in this article or even if you're looking at a program that you'd like to check and see if I have any experience with (or thoughts about).
 
Until next time, be sure to...
 
"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"
 
Mike


 

No comments:

Post a Comment