Friday, May 6, 2016

5 and 6: Don't Quit & No Excuses!



Before I do anything else in this article, I want to take a moment and give a special "shout out" to those that have read my blog this week (that I know of). If you're location is not on this list, hop on over to the fan page on Facebook and let me know! This is just for this week, the 1st week  for the month of May...Benton, AR., San Mateo, CA., Charlotte, N.C., Kathleen, FL., Flushing, N.Y., Zurich, Switzerland; Islamabad, Pakistan and Central District, Hong Kong. (By the way, I give a "shout out" on the podcast as well, so be sure you listen and give a cheer when your location is named!)

Secondly, before I get into the "meat" of the article, I want to share a picture with you of my "Power Board" that has all of the things on it that I have shared with you over the last couple of weeks. No, I didn't cover EVERYTHING on that board, but I did talk about most of it. I may hit a couple of more things from this board in the next week. Tune in and see!

My "Power Board"

 Now then, let's get to it! I'm combining the last two of these 6 "encouragement points" into one article for two reasons. One, so that I can finish this up in one week and, two, because these last two go "hand-in-hand".

If you've followed me for very long, you have heard me stress this point on many occasions - DON'T QUIT! Hey listen, no matter who you are or what you do, there are going to be times that you become discouraged and/or frustrated and, at those times, you will be tempted to quit.

Again, it doesn't matter WHO you are! There are times that you may actually wish that you could quit being a parent. And, there are some people out there that DO quit and, literally, walk away from that responsibility. BUT THAT'S NOT YOU!

You may find that there are times that you wish you could quit being a husband or wife. And, we both know that there have been MANY that have "quit" on those relationships. (Quick note: Making a necessary change does not mean that you quit, o.k.? Only you can answer the deep down question on whether you quit or not but, again, a change does not mean one quit.)

You may find times that you want to quit your job, school, some sort of training or any number of things that you have committed to...but you don't.  

 I want to share one more graphic with you that I put together the other day. If you ever take a look at the fan page on Facebook, then you likely saw it there. I love putting together phrases that can inspire others and, I hope that this will be one that will inspire you...


Please be sure to listen to the podcast (links to the RSS feed as well as iTunes can be found at the bottom of this article) to hear more on this point but, friend, no matter what happens, DON'T YOU DARE EVER GIVE UP!

 Oh, and don't make excuses, either. 

Here's one reason I say these two things go hand-in-hand...most people (if not ALL) that QUIT are ready and loaded with plenty of EXCUSES as to why they did so. 

As a matter of fact, if you are honest with yourself, you will discover that you have done and maybe ARE DOING the exact same thing. For whatever reason, it just seems to be human nature to try to "defend" our decisions - especially those that we feel others may look at with a disapproving eye. And, we tend to make those excuses because we, ourselves, don't like the fact that we quit. 

You know exactly what I'm talking about, right?

Take personal responsibility for whatever decision that you make. Don't blame others or other things. Many times, people quickly makes excuses when they quit something by blaming others (my boss, my co-workers, my husband, my wife, etc.) or other things (my job, my workplace, stress, etc.). 

I once read a story about George Washington and how, during one battle in which he and his men rowed there boats upon an enemies shore, he told his men to push the empty boats back out on the water. Why? He wanted there to be no way out. He wanted his men to realize that there was no going back and that they could not "quit and run".

In other words, he removed all excuses.

 And, friend, in order to keep going when you want to quit, you MUST remove ALL excuses even before you are tempted to use them.

Just think about how powerful you can become simply by living a "NO QUIT - NO EXCUSES" lifestyle! That, alone, sets you apart from the majority of those around you.

You can do it! Keep coming back here for more positive encouragement to help you in this process and please share it with others...don't you think THEY need it as well? Of course they do! :)

Once again, if you haven't done so yet, you need to listen to the podcast on today's topic. Just click one of the links at the bottom of this article to do so. There is SO MUCH MORE information and additional thoughts that I share with you there that is not found in this article. 

If you listen by going to iTunes, please take a moment and leave a review - I thank you in advance! Also, be sure to stop by the FYU fan page on Facebook and let me know that you left that review AND to just say "hello" and let me know that you are benefiting from Future You University

I hope you have a great weekend and, to all the Mom's out there, I want to wish you a very special "Mother's Day" on Sunday. I hope you have an incredible day!

And, until next time, whatever you do,  be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

Future You University   FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

No comments:

Post a Comment