Monday, May 30, 2016

TODAY is AWESOME!


In today's podcast I share a clip that I recorded back on September 17, 2012. An advertisement had come on the radio station that my wife and I were listening to and it indicated that if you ordered the cable package being advertised TODAY that you could then have an "awesome tomorrow". 

Really?

All I have to do is order this particular cable package and I will have an AWESOME tomorrow?

Wow, that's easy, right? 

I close out each of my blog articles and my podcasts with the phrase, "Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)" - Yeah, go ahead and look...it's down there. And, I worded that phrase the way I did ON PURPOSE!

The idea is to be determined that your day will be awesome - and that YOU will be the one in charge of making it that way. It's not dependent on other people or other things - its up to YOU!

Yes, it IS possible to have an AWESOME day even when everything is not just right. Yes, it IS possible to have an AWESOME day even when other people don't treat you just right. It IS possible because YOU have determined for your day to be awesome REGARDLESS of the circumstances. 

Have you ever heard of, or maybe even noticed for yourself, people that seem to "have it all" but, yet, are still miserable? Believe me, even if you haven't noticed these people - THEY ARE OUT THERE! "Stuff" doesn't make one happy nor does it make life awesome. 

Think about it. Have you ever noticed children that are all excited about a new gift that they receive for their birthday or, maybe, for Christmas? And, have you also noticed that, many times, after a short period of time this same gift doesn't get much attention any more?  "NEW THINGS", whether it's a toy, a car, a house, a job, a boyfriend or girlfriend or spouse or even a locations aren't "new" for long. The "shiny" wears of and the "new smell" goes away while the "thrill and excitement" becomes harder and harder to keep up. 

Then what?

Many jump to a new "toy", a new car, house, job, boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse and even location only to go through the process all over again...and again...and again.

Several years ago I spent some time with a family down in Mexico. Compared to what we have in America, this family didn't have much. Their hot water heater was a black, plastic barrel that sat on top of the roof to absorb heat from the sun. Their house was very small and have very few modern appliances. Yet, I noticed that they (and many other families that I met) were some of the happiest people that I had ever met. 

I don't know all of the reasons as to why they were so happy but, I do know this: THEY DIDN'T BASE THEIR HAPPINESS ON "STUFF"! Their days were awesome because they made a decision to live a life "full of awesome" and it was obvious to those of us from the States. 

And it caused me to take a look at my own life and how, many times, we base our happiness or our feeling of awesome on what we do or don't have. 

So, do you want YOUR day (and life) to be AWESOME? Then decide, right now, that you will MAKE it that way. Make a choice and choose "awesome". 

Easier said than done? Absolutely. But that doesn't mean that it should be ignored and not applied.

As always, if you haven't done so yet, you need to listen to the podcast on today's topic. Just click one of the links at the bottom of this article to do so. There is SO MUCH MORE information and additional thoughts that I share with you there that is not found in this article. 

If you listen by going to iTunes, please take a moment and leave a review - I thank you in advance! Also, be sure to stop by the FYU fan page on Facebook and let me know that you left that review AND to just say "hello" and let me know that you are benefiting from Future You University

As always, THANKS for joining me today and, please, share this with as many as possible and always be sure to keep moving forward, closer to your dream!

And, until next time, whatever you do,  be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment