Thursday, June 9, 2016

HOW Will You Vote?

What Will Your Vote Be?

Perhaps the better - or more accurate - question would be, "How ARE you voting?".  Even though the title of this article is worded as "future tense", in all actuality, you VOTE every single day and, several times throughout the day.

I point this following fact out in the podcast that goes along with this article (be sure to read it - the links are at the bottom of this article)...

Your seconds turn into minutes - Your minutes turn into hours

Your hours turn into days - Your days turn into weeks

Your weeks turn into months - Your months turn into years

And your years turn into your lifetime


Hey, listen, I'm 56 years old and I find that, at times, it's hard to believe that to be true! At times it seems impossible that I have been married for 34 years and to have 3 adult sons who are all married (well, the youngest will be getting married in a couple of weeks) and that I have 2 grandchildren. 

If you have children or if you have adult children then you know exactly what I'm talking about. And, once again, I simply want to remind you that, once gone, time cannot be reclaimed or relived. No matter how badly you want to go back in time - you simply cannot do so. 

So, yeah, - TODAY MATTERS!

What is your vote or, what will your vote be as to what you will do with today? Your choice, once again, will reflect the VALUE that you have placed upon this precious time and the VALUE of this time in and for your life and the life of your loved ones. 

Now, here's the really good news about all of this: "As long as there is breath, there is hope!" That is as true today as it was when I first used it for my first podcast back on March 2, 2009. 

Even though ALL decisions that we make have some consequences (some good, some bad), they don't have to have a LASTING impact if they are poor choices. They will have a lasting impact if they are left "unchecked" and allowed to continue.  And, oh yes, there are some decisions that we make that, even though they are made in haste and controlled by emotions, can have a life-long impact even if never repeated. But there is the possibility that those relationships can be improved upon and maybe even mended.

So, yeah, it's important to THINK about all of this ahead of time. Wouldn't you agree?

Saying "I'm sorry" about such a decision may be a great response and a heart-felt response. Those words may do wonders for the healing process. However, friend, make no mistake about this - if your "vote" has been to continue that type of action to where you are saying the words, "I'm sorry" over and over again for the same decision or mistake, it begins to mean nothing.

Why? Because you have begun to demonstrate that your relationships really aren't valuable enough for you to decide to VOTE to CHANGE instead of continually apologizing.  
  
I saw a graphic earlier today that read like this: "Repentance isn't crying...its CHANGING." 

If you are truly "sorry" and you regret your past actions, then put ACTION behind the words! This, my friend, is the REAL "vote" for change!

How do you vote NOW and how will you CONTINUE to vote?

On my podcasts I always encourage my listeners to also be sure to read the blog and I want to do the same with you. Please take the time to click on one of the links below to listen to the podcast that goes along with this article. This is one of those times that what you will hear is a lot different than what you have just read. No, it doesn't contradict itself - not at all. There are just additional thoughts that I had as I recorded that podcast two days ago, than I did as I sat and typed this out. 

So, you get the benefit of BOTH and I encourage you to take advantage of both. The podcasts usually run around 10 minutes or a little less. 

Thanks, in advance, for doing that and I also ask that you do a couple of other things for me, if you don't mind. If you listen to the podcast on iTunes (see link below), please take a moment to leave a review for my podcast. Also, please stop by the fan page on Facebook (again, see link below) and say "hi" and introduce yourself - let me know where you're from and how long you've been reading and/or listening to Future You University.

Hope to hear from you soon! Until then, whatever you do, always be sure to... 

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment