Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Sometimes, The Truth HURTS!

Well now, believe it or not but, some people will have already gotten offended just by the graphic that I've posted.  We live in a world today - at least in the United States - that is over-run with people and the idea that all should be done to keep from hurting anyone's feelings.

Isn't that special?

Whatever you do, be SURE to listen to the podcast that goes along with this article - I really "went off" on this whole idea. WARNING: If you are of this "sensitive type", you may be offended when you listen!

In our country - the United States of America - our current administration has gone overboard with this whole "politically correct" idea to the point that, in my opinion, they have put us - the American people - at risk. I believe that to be true, 100%. 

We have college students who demand to have a "safe place" that they can go without having a chance of being offended or having their feelings hurt while they are in that area. Are you kidding me?

Lawsuits - silly and frivolous -  are the norm in our society and it is a part of this whole "they hurt my feelings" atmosphere and philosophy. 

It has really exploded over the past few years but, friend, it has been coming for a long time and, to some extent, you and I are to blame. 

For years now, parents have increasingly become "over protective" of their children in just about every way. It has been proven that many childhood illnesses can be attributed to the fact that many have tried to make their child's environment "germ free" which, in effect, lowers that child's body from building immunity to such illnesses. Parents have rushed to the aid of their child(ren) at every fall, bump or bruise to the point that the child begins to whine and cry at any little thing that is the least bit uncomfortable. What happens when these children get to pre-school? Ask a teacher.

Parents, increasingly over the years, rush to the school to scold teachers and administrators when they feel their child has been mistreated. If you doubt that - ask a teacher. Kids pick on other kids and parents rush in almost demanding a full-scale investigation into the matter. Again...ask a teacher.

I understand the need to teach children how to treat others with kindness and respect. However, "bullying" or one kid picking on another, has been around since the beginning of time. I went through it and, likely, so did you. And, though I'm not proud to say it, I also was - at times - on the end of the one that was picking on others. And, likely, you may have done so as well. 

Can I "get real" here for a moment? THAT'S LIFE! When we run to our child's rescue anytime there is a perceived injustice or anytime they have had their feelings hurt WE are actually the ones doing them the injustice!

Why? Because we are not teaching them how to HANDLE those types of situations. Instead of teaching them how to handle those types of things and how to "brush it off" and develop the positive mindset needed to do so, we want to change the world instead so that "my child" can be "protected". 

Well friends, we are seeing the "fruits" of that run rampant in our society today. 

There will ALWAYS be "injustice" in our society. Why? Because our society consists of all different kinds of people. There will ALWAYS be those that "bully" us. Always. There will ALWAYS be others that enjoy trying to make themselves feel better about themselves by degrading others. Why? Again, it's called, "other people exist". 

The real question is, "What will YOU do?".

We MUST teach our kids and our grandkids how to handle these situations. We must teach them how to "toughen up" a bit and to learn how to "brush off" these types of things and move on. However, in order for this to take place, WE - as adults - must learn and practice this, ourselves!

I honestly believe that this is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY if our society in America is to survive. I really do believe it's that serious.

It all starts with YOU and me. And, it must start NOW!

Let me say this - I must. If you are a teacher and you had one of my kids in your class, let me apologize for the times that I did just what I discussed above Yes, I "ran to their rescue" on way too many occasions and I apologize for doing so. I can't go back and undo it but, maybe, I can help others from repeating the same mistake.

Again, if you haven't done so yet, you need to listen to the podcast on today's topic. Just click one of the links at the bottom of this article to do so. There is SO MUCH MORE information and additional thoughts that I share with you there that is not found in this article. 

If you listen by going to iTunes, please take a moment and leave a review - I thank you in advance! Also, be sure to stop by the FYU fan page on Facebook and let me know that you left that review AND to just say "hello" and let me know that you are benefiting from Future You University

As always, THANKS for joining me today and, please, share this with as many as possible and always be sure to keep moving forward, closer to your dream!

And, until next time, whatever you do,  be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment