Saturday, January 27, 2018

Taking the Journey: How Will You Get There?


If you haven't done so, it is VERY IMPORTANT for you to go back and "catch up" on this series. It actually goes back to this article entitled, "What Do YOU Want?" and progresses each week from there.

So, in a nutshell, here is the whole process behind this current series. For one, I have stopped doing "New Year's Resolutions" because, like so many, I never really ever followed through with them and usually felt discouraged because of that repeated process. What about you?

However, this year I KNEW I had to take a different approach than I have ever taken before if there was going to be real, positive and powerful change in my life like I wanted - REALLY wanted like never before. As a matter of fact, I came up with what I have called my "Statement of Fact" about this very thing. Here is what I wrote down and committed to about this "journey" that I MUST take:


I took the time to get out my notebook and "brainstorm" about what I REALLY wanted to take place in and for my life in this coming year. I knew that it was time to stop TALKING about what I wanted to accomplish and start taking DEFINITE STEPS OF ACTION in order to bring this into reality.

Go back to last weeks article to get more specific information and details about this "map" that I have posted here in the graphic below. This is a "template" and you need to make it uniquely yours! But, bottom line, I KNEW where I wanted to be by the end of this year and I also knew where I was currently. 

NOW the part of the puzzle I had to figure out was HOW I was going to get from where I was to where I was going to be. The "gap" between these two things is what I am calling "the journey" and the "how" I was going to do so is what I am calling "my vehicle".

Again, go back and listen and read the previous entries on this to get the specifics about what this is for me and then work on what it means for you. But whatever you do, IF you are serious about making marked improvement in your life during the course of this year - DO IT and stop just talking about it. 


Again, this graphic above is what I call my "map" with the understanding that I must MAP OUT my patch on this "journey" that I am on for this year.

Why is it important to have a "map" or a plan for such a journey? Notice the next graphic and what Dave Ramsey says about that...


So, what VEHICLE will you use to take you from where you are to where you plan to be? How will you get there?

Well, it really depends on the journey, does it not? If you're just going up the street, your feet might be able to get you there. If you're going to the grocery store in town, just about any old car or truck might get you there. Maybe even a bicycle!

But, if you are traveling cross-country, will just any old car or truck do? Are you going to hop into a vehicle that you're not even sure would make it to the next county for such a journey? I HOPE NOT!
And what if you are traveling to another country in another part of the world? You will likely have to take more than just one type of vehicle, right? 
Here's a fact: The further the journey - the greater the distance of the journey - the more cost, time and effort will be involved.  

So, in relating to this "journey" between where we are and where we plan to be, the same thing applies. The "bigger the gap" between the two makes for a "journey" that will cost you more in money, time and effort. THAT IS A FACT!

So, what will you do? Will you decide that the destination is WORTH the extra costs in the areas of money, time and effort? Or will you decide to stay where you are?

Yes, as always, there is a CHOICE to be made and it's a choice that cannot be made by anyone but you. Notice the graphic below, "Who you are tomorrow begins with what you do today." - Tim Fargo 


Here's another thought...maybe it's time that you quit trying to make a life-changing journey with a "old car or truck" mindset. Think about it.Maybe it's time for a "new vehicle" as in a "new mindset".

What will you do?

Until next time, be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

Future You University   FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

YouTube



No comments:

Post a Comment