Monday, January 15, 2018

What Do YOU Want?

 * Be sure to listen to the podcast and also watch the video on this same topic!*

Seems like a simple enough question, right? Yet, not many people can actually ANSWER that question. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people will give an answer to that question very quickly but it will likely be an answer that is very vague and generic.

For example, to say, "I want to make more money!" is a very vague answer.  For one, how much is "more"? Another may say, "I want a better job!". Again, what is "better"? What are the things that would make a job "better" for you than what you do now?

Perhaps a better question to ask about ANY such thing is to ask "Why" as well as, "How bad do you want it?".

We'll get back to that in a moment but, bottom line, ANY change in your life, like even these that are being briefly discussed, will require you to answer that one question up front: "How bad do you want it?"
 

May I be blunt? Regret SUCKS! The way I look at the definition of the word, "regret" is that fact that you cannot go back and do anything about it! It's too late, hence the real regret.

Yes, change - ANY change - is hard but at least the difficulty that comes with that change indicates that you can, and are, actually striving to DO something about it. Regret? It's too late.

So, again, what do you want to do - and why? Do you even know? In the last article I posted a graphic and talked briefly about your "vision" (for what you want to do) becoming clear once you approach this from your heart. That becomes the answer to the question, "Why?" as well.


That's why I ask you to answer the question, "Why?" in all of this. What is your heart telling you about what you really want to accomplish? What does your heart tell you about your PASSION for your life? Many times we forget to talk about "passion" because of the reality of "having to pay the  bills" and often just settling for whatever we can do.

But, often, when we KNOW what our passion is and what it is that we actually DO want to do with and in our lives, the temporary "discomfort" of such a job begins to lessen. Why? Because we know that it may be the "vehicle" that we need to get us to what we really want to do and accomplish in and with our lives.

I have a "goal" or "passion" of something that I want to accomplish in my life. It's been the same thing for many years and I've yet to really get much closer to it than I have been in the past. Believe me, there is ALREADY some regret attached to that fact BUT the good news is that it is NOT too late for me to do something about it! Here's the thing: I have found what I believe to be the "ultimate tool" to accomplish that task but it will require a financial investment that I am unable to fulfill at this time. BUT GUESS WHAT? I also know that my current job WILL provide me the "vehicle" to get to where I want to be as long as I am willing and determined to do my best and become my best in this area.

A "half effort" likely won't even get me "half-way" there. I must be determined to make the necessary changes and break some old habits in order to make this push in my life. So, if it is something I REALLY want to accomplish, then I must make the necessary changes regardless of how difficult and, yes, even "painful" the journey may be.


Yes, every single day! This is what I talked about right before the start of the new year when I challenged you to think about "Happy New DAY!" as opposed to "Happy New Year". Why? Because it is EASIER to check our progress - or lack of it - at the end of a day as opposed to trying to track our course over the course of a whole year.

Yeah, what if I (you) struggle? THAT'S A GOOD THING because, like I mentioned above, it helps us to KNOW that we are actually doing something that is not our same old habit from before!

Do you want to know how to avoid that struggle? QUIT.  That's right...give up and quit. But, guess what you will have to deal with then that is worse than the struggle of change? REGRET.

It's your choice.


 Oh, and one more thing. "Don't water your weeds". Don't feed the negativity in your life and don't "give life" to those things and/or people in your life that will continue to try to choke out your dreams and your goals. And, yes, that may mean that you need to separate yourself from some PEOPLE in your life that currently occupies some of your daily time. If it's a spouse or someone else in your own household then you - YOU - must figure out some way to avoid such a situation. Perhaps you need to stop sharing your thoughts and goals with such people. If possible (easier said than done) you may have to actually "cut" some of these people completely out of your life. 

That's right, you may have to go a step further than just not "watering" your weeds, you may actually have to actively WEED YOUR GARDEN. 

Feel free to contact me: mike@futureyouuniversity.com to discuss this further if you'd like.

So, really...what do YOU want and how bad do you want it? Get focused - get LASER focused - on this part of the journey. You will find it hard, if not impossible, to move forward at all until you do.

Join me Sunday nights at 6:00 p.m. CST at www.Facebook.com/FutureYouUniversity for my weekly LIVE streaming event and, until next time, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

Future You University   FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment