Monday, September 13, 2021

Seeing With NEW Eyes - the CONCLUSION

 

 Well, here we are with the conclusion of this series but, friend, by no means is this the CONCLUSION of what God has been doing, IS doing and WILL CONTINUE to do in the lives of my wife and I. 

I've shared a LOT of details about "happenings" in our lives since the end of 2020 and, at the same time, I've left out a LOT more that I could have shared but simply felt that it would have been too time consuming. Hopefully I've shared enough with you that, for some, it will create a spark of curiosity or praise about these things. 

Thing is, I'm looking at the information that I had already written down (a record of these things, so to speak) and I realize that I'm going to have to even cut out a LOT of the things that I have left of these events in our life. (As a matter of fact, I had to re-record the podcast on this one because the first time through was just too long!). 

I love the fact that I have shared so much but that it is just a "sampling" of all of the things that I have recorded so that I will remember these things in the future. So, saying all of that, let me simply say that I HAVE to share with you this one last situation that we experienced just in the past few days.

As I type this article, it is Monday, September 13, 2021. On Friday evening, September 10, 2021 I came across a post on Facebook by a young, single mother that does foster care for several kids on top of raising her own child. She is an amazing young lady and we have sent $100 several times over the past several months. The intention has been to do that every month but, sadly, it had been a couple of months. When I read her post stating that she was asking for prayers because Satan was "attacking" them hard at that time I thought, "I need to send her that money like I've been talking about!".

Saturday morning, September 11, 2021, I was preparing to send the $100 to her via an online channel so that she could receive it quickly when the thought hit me that my wife and I had actually committed to doing more than that "if/when" something particular happened. What was that? We said that when we sold my motorcycle for a certain amount of money that we would send $500 to this precious young lady with plans to increase that in the future with God's help. Well, we didn't sell the motorcycle yet BUT we did sell one of our cars on Thursday (9.9.21) for - guess what - the EXACT amount of money that we had discussed about the motorcycle.

Now then, I called my wife in the room and we discussed the fact that we had said - out loud - that we were going to do this and that, even though it was not the motorcycle, it was the EXACT amount of money that we had discussed and that since we had said it "out loud" that we knew we had committed to doing this "as to the Lord". In other words, HE heard us say it so we felt that it was a commitment to Him. We both agreed that, indeed, we needed to send the $500 to her and prayed over that decision and for it to be a blessing in her life and in the life of those kids that she cares for -  and then I hit the "send" button. 

Within a few minutes I heard back from her and she basically said something like, "You will NOT believe this and THANK YOU!" She shared with me that they had to make an unexpected trip out of town and leave their dog at a kennel. Friday night (9.10.21) she got the bill and was floored. She was moved to tears because she did not know how she was going to pay this unexpected bill. The amount? You may have figured it out by now...$500! Hello???

Friends, my wife and I had NO IDEA that ANY of this was going on. We had NO IDEA that she had received this bill and we sure had NO IDEA what the amount of that bill was. On top of all of that, the TIMING in this (God's timing, by the way) is quite amazing. If we had not sold that car the day before she received that bill and the day before I was reminded that we needed to send her some money, THIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED. Well, it would not have been the exact amount needed.

There's so much more that I could say about this whole situation but I hope that what I've shared is enough to get your attention.

Listen, I don't know who you are or what you believe. I don't know if you are a believer or if you are one that doesn't even know for sure if God even exists. Here's what I do know: 

1. Whether it's asking/seeking to even know if God is out there OR  

2. Whether you are asking/seeking His guidance in and for your life  ---- HE HEARS YOU!

I'm not going to get real deep into this right now because my next series is going to deal on this more (the idea of "Asking - Seeking - Knocking" and what it means for each of us) but let me ask you a quick question that I've asked before in this series: "If you are asking for guidance or if you are simply seeking...are you LISTENING, WATCHING and OPENING YOUR EYES for what may be sent your way as an answer?"

Opportunity doesn't always knock. Neither do "the answers" that you seek.

May you also begin to SEE with NEW EYES, friend!

Until next time, remember, YOU'RE HERE FOR A REASON and, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"


Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment