Thursday, February 3, 2022

Success Factor #4: KEEP Going!

As a quick review (all can be found in the previous articles), here are the "Success Factor" steps previously covered:

1. Success Factor #1: LOOK UP!
2. Success Factor #2: GET UP!
3. Success Factor #3: GET GOING
!

Be sure to take a few minutes to read the previous articles as well as listening to the podcasts (see link at bottom of article) IN ORDER. They all "feed" off of the previous "Success Factor" step.

That being said, "Success Factor #3" discussed how important it was to "GET GOING!" and, in this article, we will stress how important it is to "KEEP GOING" once you start taking action.

In the podcast I discuss the difference between "falling short" and "failing". Pay attention to this: FALLING SHORT is NOT failure! Changing course or direction, is NOT failure! Failure occurs when you have decided to "wave the white flag" and "give up". You CEASE to make any effort to continue progressing FORWARD

Here's something else to consider in this thought process. You can even decide to stop pursuing something that you thought was very important to you at one time and STILL not be a "failure".

Our lives change and, with that, our perspectives and priorities change as well. Wouldn't you agree? There are things that I once pursued that, at the time, I felt were VERY important to me and I was determined to reach "success" in those areas.

 

 CLICK HERE

Things (my goals, perspective AND priorities) have changed quite a bit over the past 13 years when I first began "Future You University". I am proud of the number and the quality of the articles and podcasts that I have done over this period of time. They will "live on" long after I am gone from this earth. That has now become a major feeling of accomplishment to me and for me in my desire to share positive information with as many people as possible.

My goals that I once had to be a major "player" in the public speaking arena is no longer of major importance to me. I have worked and pushed hard in different areas in the field of "home-based business" over the years and now, to be honest, I have no real desire to pursue that any longer. 

Does that make me a "failure". NOT AT ALL! I am still dedicated to making sure that I am doing all that I can do in order to "take in" as much positive and encouraging information that I can for my own personal benefit. And, as I continue to share information with you from time to time, I can also try to provide the same for you. 

So, yes, I have definitely "changed course" but I have not "given up" or "surrendered" in my desire to improve my life on a daily basis as well as being dedicated to sharing what I can to help others in that same journey.

Do you happen to remember when you first learned how to ride a bicycle? Or, perhaps, you may remember the time that you taught your children to do the same. I use this example in the podcast for this topic and talk about how hard it is to grasp the idea that you must peddle faster in order to get momentum which, in turn, makes it easier to ride. At that stage of the learning process, being told that does NOT make sense but, it is still a true fact, right? 

I also use the example of having to push a car that is completely stationary and of how much force and effort it takes to get that car rolling/moving even just a little bit. But, once it begins to roll, momentum kicks in and it takes less and less effort to keep it moving.

Newton’s first law of motion – sometimes referred to as the law of inertia states that an object at rest stays at rest, and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

Listen, ANY relationship takes effort. ANY endeavor to improve your life in ANY way will take effort. The earlier it is in the process, the "harder" it is to gain that "momentum". Too many give up TOO SOON before they begin to experience the momentum in whatever endeavor it is that they are pursuing.

(By the way, in the podcast, I give some much-needed advice to those that are involved in any type of "home-based business" beginning at the 9:52 mark. If you are involved in such or are considering such, make sure you take a listen!)

As always, I encourage you to listen to the podcast that accompanies this article...I believe that you will gain even more out of this particular topic by doing so.

So, "Success Factor #1: LOOK UP!" , "Success Factor #2: GET UP!" and "Success Factor #3: GET GOING!", "Success Factor #4: KEEP GOING!". This will be followed in my next podcast and article with the last of the "5 Success Factors" with,  "Success Factor #5: DON'T YOU DARE, EVER, GIVE UP!"

Until next time, remember, YOU'RE HERE FOR A REASON and, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"


Mike


YouTube    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment