Sunday, March 6, 2022

Success Factor #5: DON'T YOU DARE EVER GIVE UP!


 In this conclusion of my "Success Factors" we will discuss the importance of NEVER GIVING UP! You can see the previous titles in the image above.

Remember, when we talk about "success", that word can mean different things to different people. SUCCESS can be applied to any area of your life...YOU decide what that means for you - these factors will apply no matter which way you decide to apply them.

                                                                          
Remember, "changing direction" does NOT equal failure! Failure only comes when you decide to "wave that white flag" and surrender...to QUIT
 
I'm sure that, by now, most of you are familiar with Thomas Edison's journey through many "failures" that led him to success. (If not, do some research and discover it for yourself - you will be amazed!) 

Too, it's important to understand that your goals and desires - or what is even important to you - may change over time. Does that mean that you are a failure? NO! Honestly, if those things DON'T change for you then, in my personal opinion, you are not maturing as you age.

I plan to do a video soon sharing my own personal journey and "where I am" now after 13 years on this particular journey with "Future You University". Be sure to check out updates HERE.

 
I've been with a new company now for about two months and I probably had the worst week on ANY job this past week. It was BRUTAL! I would be lying if I told you that I didn't have a hard time maintaining a positive mindset because it was VERY difficult to keep my focus on the positive.

Some might consider quitting and finding something else to do after such a week. Although I had a hard time maintaining a positive mindset, the thought of QUITTING never entered my mind! This is a "commission-only" sales position and, that being the case, there will ALWAYS be great weeks and there will also be "sucky" weeks like the one that I just endured. 
 
You simply push FORWARD, regardless. 

As you can tell from the date at the bottom of the graphic below, I came up with this statement a little over 11 years ago...and it is still true today and it will ALWAYS be true.

In the podcast that goes along with this particular "Success Factor" (see links below for podcasts), I discuss how I've taken a step back from "pushing" so hard on some things like I have done in the past and that I am now attempting to do better at enjoying what is available for me TODAY...right now. Take a listen, I think you'll be glad that you did since I don't follow a script. You will hear other thoughts and ideas than what I am putting in this article and I do believe that you will benefit from that additional material. 

Here's a quote that I pulled from that podcast: "If you do not quit - stop - trying to live your best life and to share your best life so that you can IMPACT those around you in the best way possible, then you will never, ever be a failure."  
 
 
 
Now then, the following is for "the believers" out there. Obviously, even if you are not a "believer", you can still read what I put below but, if you don't like it, then just skip over it and take the positive information that I have provided for you in the article. Don't allow yourself to "get your feather's ruffled". This may not be for you!
 
For the believers out there, I want to leave a couple of encouraging thoughts that apply to those of us that seek to follow God and His Son, Jesus as we strive to make our world a better place by doing so. Take comfort in the words found in Galatians 6:9 - " Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (NIV)
 
And then, finally, I hope you will enjoy and celebrate in the truth found in this video. You will hear the words, "So, keep your head up...don't you give up...Jesus is coming back!"Don't ever forget that truth, friend! 

Until next time, remember, YOU'RE HERE FOR A REASON and, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"


Mike


YouTube   

No comments:

Post a Comment