Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dream BIG and Do It TODAY!

Dream BIG and Do It TODAY!

I've been discussing the importance of rediscovering and following "the music" or your dreams. I get excited when I think about the feeling you will - notice I said WILL and not "might" - receive when you begin to uncover and rediscover what you once dreamed about and got excited about!

Again, it's so easy to allow "life" to clutter our world in such a way as to "cover up" those dreams and goals and to make it hard - if not impossible - to hear the music that use to make us smile, laugh and dance!

I was reminded once again last night of how natural "music" is to our lives. Our youngest son, Jordan, spent the weekend at his grandparents and, during that time, they kept their great-grandson for the day. Jordan plays the guitar and talked about how Cayden would immediately start smiling and dancing whenever he heard Jordan start playing the guitar.

IT'S A NATURAL THING!

And, even when talking about actual music, we sometimes forget what a joy it is to hear, smile and dance to the music once we become adults!

Let me ask you this: Do you do the "Bootie Shake" during my FUN FRIDAY podcast? If you don't know what I'm talking about, find any of my Friday podcasts and listen in - I do this each and every Friday as part of the podcast - we do the BOOTIE SHAKE! (Yes, I know "bootie" is not spelled correctly - that's part of the fun!). As part of the recording I play some "dance music" and encourage the listeners to stand up and "shake their BOOTIE" regardless of what others might think!

And, I know that many are afraid to do that - I'm not sure what they are afraid of, but we don't want people to look at us funny. But, I also know of some that have told me that they have done it, got some strange looks but loved it, did it anyway and smiled and laughed!

Somewhere down the line we have begun to give too much precedence to what OTHERS THINK and less significance to what MAKES US SMILE!

Please understand that I know we have a responsibility to others and that we cannot live a life of "if it feels good, do it" with complete disregard to anyone else. I think you know that's not what I'm suggesting so don't allow that thought to keep you from "hearing the message" for today!

LIVE AGAIN! LAUGH AGAIN! DREAM AGAIN!

Begin to follow that "rediscovered" dream and begin to hear that music once again that brings joy to your soul and see what happens.

I'd love to hear from you - your fears, your excitement, your anticipation - as you begin to "dream big and dream big TODAY".

And, all along the way be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment