Monday, June 14, 2010

It's All About You!

Now that sounds a bit selfish, doesn't it? You would think this would be the exact OPPOSITE of what I would be wanting to promote in this blog, wouldn't you?

Usually when you hear the phrase, "It's all about you" it is being said by someone that doesn't mean for it to be taken as a compliment! It's usually being said about someone that has demonstrated, by their actions, that everything centers around them and what THEY want - regardless of how it impacts or inconveniences anyone else.

However, I want to use this in a different and a POSITIVE way when I say, "It's all about you!"

Here it is: The power that you possess to use your "God-given" talents and abilities to do good in this world means absolutely NOTHING unless YOU decide to use them in that way. No one else can do it for you and no one else can use YOUR talents and abilities for you in such a way. Only you.

That being said, I think you see the point now when I say, "It's all about YOU!"

In all areas of our lives we must understand that we CANNOT sit back and wait for other people to do anything for us. Now, I don't mean that others won't do kind things for us along the way. What I'm talking about is our tendency sometimes to wait and expect others to "make us happy", for example as we discussed last week or to "give us a break", etc.

If you are waiting and expecting others to make the opportunity for you then, guess what? You will be waiting for a very long time.

It's up to YOU!

Yes, only YOU (no, I'm not going to say, "...can prevent forest fires" - even though I'm tempted!) can take the steps necessary to take the necessary ACTION toward your goals and dreams.

Simply put - it's all about YOU!

Be sure to listen to today's podcast to get more comment on this - but I think the point is pretty direct and simple.

So, what are YOU going to do about it?

Again, the choice is yours: do nothing or YOU DO SOMETHING.

The same is true for the direction of your day and it is why I end each blog entry and each podcast and each article that I write with the phrase...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment