Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Last Hurrah

A Swift Kick in the Pants!

I'm a believer and I believe that God has a sense of humor at times. I'll explain more a little later - but first, let me set the stage.

You probably know from listening and/or following my blog that I have talked a long time about "stepping out" and making changes in MY life as I have encouraged YOU to not be afraid to STEP OUT and make a difference in your OWN life.

For me, I have made plans, set and reset deadlines to step away from my job as a minister. Hey, in my "religious circle" there are few - if any - benefits for us guys for retirement, insurance, etc. Too, it was just a feeling I had that it was time for a change.

Back a couple of years ago I began making plans on a professional motivational speaker career and I DO still plan for that to be a reality in my life but realized I needed more time and, honestly, some more $$ to make it happen.

A year ago today - as I type this on 8.20.10 - my wife had a heart attack and nearly died. As a matter of fact, she had to be "shocked" back to life at least 2 times that I know of. It was not due to poor habits like most - it was one of those freakish "1 in a million" type things. She survived and we were left with a HUGE pile of bills to pay ourselves. Remember, I said there aren't many benefits with my job.

Plus, on top of that, our youngest son just graduated from HS this past school year and, as a matter of fact, we took him to college yesterday (Thursday) to move in.

So, for one, my wife's "near death" experience opened our eyes to a lot of things as far as "stop talking and do whatever it is NOW" type stuff. Know what I mean? And, the bills also helped reinforce the idea that SOMETHING needed to be done to create more income.

So, when you put all of this together, I, again, have been talking about the "right time" to step away from what I'm doing and pursuing available opportunities full time.

Over the past couple of years I have set and reset several "deadlines" for this. They have come and gone. Recently I have even moved a deadline at least once just since actively pursuing opportunities in the area of real estate in this "delicate" market. I finally set a deadline for the end of this year BUT have also been talking with my wife about the fact that I WISH I could find a way to be free to go examine some of the properties I've found and - if they needed some repair - to be able to be there for an extended period of time (as needed) to get it done and ready for resale or whatever. But I just couldn't figure out how to get that done.

Now, here's where I see God's sense of humor come in. (Those of you that don't agree, that's fine).

This past Wednesday - one day before taking my son to college and us being "free" in that sense as far as not being held back here at all due to school - I was informed that I was being "let go" from my position.

HOWEVER, I was going to be compensated until the end of October - with NO OBLIGATIONS to the "present/former" job so that I could freely pursue other employment.

Yeah, I was shocked at first and then, it was like a burden had been lifted and a sense of peace came over me even in the midst of this discussion.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN WISHING FOR AND TALKING ABOUT!

To me, it's almost as if God (now, you have to know me and the fact that I have a vivid and humorous imagination) said, "Look, you've been talking about this for YEARS now. So, here you go (as he kicks me out the door) - THERE IT IS! NOW WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?"

It's really rather funny and, honestly, my family has actually been laughing about the whole thing off and on.

Is it scary? YES!
But is it exciting? DOUBLE YES!

So now - I have my wish and I MUST stop talking and start DOING what I have talked about doing for the past few years.

AND IT WILL WORK AND IT WILL HAPPEN and I already have some great possibilities lined up.

Now comes the ACTION!

Without that, everything is dead!

So....this ends THIS particular avenue in this journey with Future You University. As I said on the podcast - you have NOT heard the end of F.Y.U. - that I know for sure! (By the way, if you HAVEN'T listened to the podcast - be sure to do so!)

I do thank those of you that have encouraged me along the way and have also submitted material for me to use along the way. I hope I have been an encouragement and a help in giving you a push to keep going.

The page, http://www.FutureYouUniversity.com will still be available although it will not be available in the current format. It will go to a "free page", so there will be some ads on there that aren't mine and you may not have access to everything as you did before. So, on THAT particular note, if you haven't downloaded the FREE report and anything else that you may want to hang on to - DO IT NOW before it changes.

And so it begins FOR REAL -- nothing like a good, swift kick in the pants to get you going sometimes!

Remember, each day is MAGICAL! You - yes, YOU - have the ability to turn your DAY and your LIFE around! That, being so, never forget that the day and your world is WIDE OPEN for you! And, be sure to express gratitude for all of the things that make your life what it is today.

And, one last thought...remember that, "As long as there is breath, there is hope."

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment