Monday, April 14, 2014

Good and Bad for Every Season

 
 
As I type this on a Sunday afternoon, I'm looking out the picture window in my living room at the "explosion of Spring". I'm in Arkansas, it's almost mid-April and the greenery is everywhere. My goodness, I've even already mowed my yard for the first time of the season two days ago.
 
I LOVE SPRING!
 
But as I look out my window I notice, very clearly, one of the "downfalls" of Spring....POLLEN. The wind is blowing and the pine trees are sending out "clouds" of pollen as the wind blows through the branches. The oak trees are doing their job in pollination as well and there is pollen EVERYWHERE. This is the time of the year that it would be very nice to open the windows and get fresh air into the house but, if you do that you end up with that yellow powder all over the furniture and floor.
 
Some people suffer terribly from the pollen in the Spring.
 
Then comes Summer - I LOVE SUMMER!
 
I love to go to the lake and either get IN the water or ride on TOP of the water. I love the long days and all that comes with this time of year. I love to get out on my motorcycle and ride where ever the road takes me.
 
But, in Arkansas, as the Summer goes along the temperatures get very warm and we also have LOTS of humidity that comes along with it. Depending on where you live, the mosquito's become quite a nuisance as well as ticks. On top of that the electricity bill soars due to having to run the air conditioner pretty much non-stop.
 
Ahhh, then there's Fall - I LOVE FALL!
 
The cooler temperatures after a very hot and humid summer along with the fall colors make this one of my favorite times of the year. I don't have many down sides to fall except for the fact that winter is on it's way. However, there are others (some in my family) that really struggle with allergies that come from mold in the fall.
 
Oh, too....I hate it when the time changes and we turn our clocks "back" in the fall and it gets dark earlier.
 
And then there's WINTER - sorry, I'm not a big fan of winter.
 
Some people love the winter and I do like at least one "good" snow. When my boys were young and at home I always wanted at least one good snow for them so that they could enjoy getting out and playing in it with each other. For me, one good snow that comes and is melted and gone quickly is just perfect! I do not like the cold temperatures (I know, I'm in Arkansas and, comparatively, it doesn't get as "cold" as other places) and, again, the dampness in the air makes the cold even worse. I don't like the fact that, in the middle of winter, it's dark by 5:00 p.m. and I also don't like the fact that there is no color due to the fact of everything being bare.
 
But, I know some people that absolutely LOVE winter.
 
Here's the thing - I notice the "we" tend to complain about whatever season we happen to be experiencing while talking about how much we are looking forward to the next one. Then, once that season arrives we complain about some of the things I listed above.
 
There are things that we LOVE about each season and then there are things that we don't like so much about parts of each season.
 
Is that a fair assumption?
 
Friend, so it is with life.
 
You can apply that to different stages (ages) of our lives or even different stages of our careers and business desires. You make the application.
 
With every progression - whether in age or business/work - comes new and different challenges.
 
WAKE UP AND REALIZE THAT!
 
Let's be careful that we don't find ourselves griping and complaining about the very thing that we longed for before. It's easy to do but it's also a sign of a lack of gratitude. Wouldn't you agree?
 
So, yeah, there are good things about every "season" and there are also bad things - or things we'd rather be different - about every "season". That's life and that's progress in and for our lives.
 
Think about this: any other way would be very BORING!
 
So, I want to encourage you to ENJOY and FLOURISH with each and every change and challenge that comes with each and every "season" in your life.
 
And, as you do so, be sure to...
 
"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"
 
Mike
 
Future You University     "Like" FYU on Facebook!     Podcast on iTunes     Podcast RSS feed

                                         Start your home based business HERE
 


No comments:

Post a Comment